Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

Episode One Week Finale

Doom Center has posted days 6 and 7 of their Episode 1 Week. Day 6 is a roundup of E1 style projects, including Fava Beans, 2002: ADO, and more. But even more interestingly, Day 7 is a series of LMPs by John Romero, where he runs through each of the nine Episode 1 levels, giving comments on the design, history, quirks, and of course one-liners. Also in the Legacy info box there are comments about each level. Check it out, it's pretty neat.

well,

if youre trying to view this now (about midnight EST time), then looks like the f'in network's MySQL server is overloaded, or sommething like that. Anyway, hope you all enjoy E1 week :)

Doom Legacy demos ... blah

DL is quite possibly the only source port to still not totally work with demos recorded and played using the same version of itself.

Guest BlackTerror

Are Romero's lmps only for Legacy, or are you talking about something else? It'd seem pretty to me if they were Legacy only...

Guest Excalibur_Z

I haven't tried the demos yet, but yes, I believe they are Legacy-only. Makes sense too, because features like looking up/down and jumping, etc., aren't standardized among source ports.

Guest jammet

Oh my god it's full of Javascript errors, MySQL bugs and horrible ad banners! I can't see the article, I can't get the files, this doesn't seem to work with any browser except for IE probably. Please someone point mt to a URL with the stuff...

some funny comments.
I liked the fact that he used the RL everytime he got it. :)
I also got the feeling he wished he was deathmatching instead.

demos playback with beta2 as well, btw.

(for some reason the Doomcenter messages don't work, so I post this here)

Wow, Arioch managed to get one of his infamous "Legacy sucks" comments in there. Gotta respect that... :p

Guest Excalibur_Z

That was pretty cool! Sometimes I wished Romero would just use chat macros, but it was still interesting to see all the backstories behind the levels.

Guest KikassAssassin

Heh, he sure likes those barrels, doesn't he? :)

CARNAGE! HAHAHAHAH!

yeah i noticed that too, always going for the cool lookin' kill =)

Guest BlackTerror

The two red doors were great, and I liked where he left two medkits and a box of shells, said "Gonna need em", and forgot about them.

By the way, why'd he leave out the E1M9 last secret area? Forgot to brush up on his 1337 jumping 5K1LLZ?

Guest KikassAssassin

You mean the 1337 jumping skillz he used to cheat his way past slime pools without taking damage? :)