Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Arioch

WinTex 4.5

Javier Almenara Otoya has sent in the news that he's released a new version of WinTex, bringing the version number up to 4.5. This and his previous release of WinTex 4.4 implement the ability for WinTex to launch Doom and automatically load the WAD being edited, for playtesting purposes. WinTex 4.5 has been uploaded to ftp.cdrom.com, and can already be found in /newstuff.

I would like to see proper Zdoom support with tall skys and less complaining about lump names.

I can't run the thing, some kind of 'not found' error without explaining exactly what! I'll play around with merging it and an older version's files.

Guest UAC PR Dept.

Make sure you have VBRUN300.DLL in the Wintex folder or in windowssystem

I also needed the file MFC42.DLL for some reason when I was using win95.

I just stick vbrun300.dll in the wintex directory, since that's the only program on my computer to still require that silly old thing.

The new WinTexes (4.4 and 4.5) also require threed.vbx, which can also go into the wintex directory.

MFC42.dll is something all win32 computers should have an updated version of.

Guest Striker

D/L wintex 4.3 from cdrom.com and extract the additional files from that archive to your wintex folder.

Guest Zeurkous

The newest version of Microsoft Foundation Classes DLL MFC42.DLL is not necessarly; There is only one version. 4.2 is the version number. There is only one version of a version, if you know what i mean ;)

De Zeurkous
-----------

Friggin' Machines!

The foundation class library may indeed be version 4.2, but that DLL file has many builds, and you really should have the latest build. :P

Well, since it's version 4.2, I'd guess there are also other versions. But on the other hand it's a M$ product, so you never know with which version they start ;)

Guest jao2000

There should not be any problems while starting and using the new WinTex v4.5 file.
Also I have heard that an MFC42.DLL file is required... I really donĀ“t know why?
It's not a WinTex problem... so?
Put the additional files on the 'Element.Zip' file (inside WinTex45.Zip) in your WindowsSystem directory. I think this would be enough.

Javier Almenara.
aojavierfdo@hotmail.com
http://doortohell.tripod.com

Guest Zeurkous

I think MFC42.DLL is required because VBRUN is written in MFC (did i have that correct? :). I thought that because otherwise the DLL would make use of itself :)

De Zeurkous
-----------

Friggin' Machines!

Guest Kinoshkana

Amen. WHERE THE FUCK IS IT, LING.