Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Arioch

More MP3 Goodness

Team Kill's Andrew has sent word that he's uploaded a MP3 to the Team Kill site which is the original version of one of his Fanatic MIDI Class entries, the MIDI version of which had to be cut down in order to be able to play on an AWE64, and he mentions that believes this original one sounds better, overall. He's also going to upload his TI-86 Basic program which can be used to facilitate calculating the values to use for a staircase on Friday, so be on the watchout for that if you own one of those great little gadgets.
In addition, all mail to him should be directed towards ike654@yahoo.com, and not his previous AOL address.

I wrote a texture offset calculator for my TI-85. Handy little gadget in those pre-auto offset days. Still occasionally useful, too, as it does auto-value recentering.

Too bad I can't give it to anyone, don't have a comm link cable

I had a TI-82 (dunno what I did with it) and I still have a TI-86 and a TI-92. The TI-92 is great, but since I don't have the Plus module I can't run assembly programs (and I don't feel like h4x0ring it to do so) ...

I loved playing Tetris and sqrxz on my TI-86.

I got rid of my TI-85 for an 86, which is what I have now. I had Mario. My friend Dave and I would spend Chem class building the most difficult levels we could just so the other one of us couldn't get through them. I don't think I could do any of them anymore... :)

Guest Ike654

I think I spend more time programming than I do with games. I wrote so many math programs over the last two years. Most of them will show you what to write down so you can say "I showed my work".

I do like playing Squarez (not the Mario-type game), ZTetris, GM Text Fighters (my own game), and Sokoban. Oh, and Addict and Phoenix.

"GM Text Fighters"

Coud we have a brief on how that works..?

Guest Ike654

TI-86 version is called "GM Text Fighters Pocket". There's also "GM Text Fighters Lite", for QBasic, and the original one, done in C++.

Ok, load up the program, and hit start. Select the difficulty (Easy, Med., Hard. It'll change how hard the computer can hit you. Hard is nearly impossible. I've gotten past round 1 only once!), then you get ready.

Screen shows your hit points (max of 100), and the computers hit points. You then hit F1-F3 to select an attack (Punch, Kick, Throw), then the computer will randomly select an attack. Throws don't always connect, and if they don't, the screen will report it.
Also has messages like "You've been kicked!", and such.

The engine is easy to modify, so you can use it in other games as well. I'm working on a text version of a Streets of Rage game called "Dirty Pair" (named after the anime of the same title).

GM Text Fighters (and soon #2) is also for the PC (coded in C++, originaly for a class project, lol). This even has multiple characters, each with their own strengh and weakenss. Even good ol'e Flynn Taggert's in it! Because of this, I can't exactly release it.

Guest Ike654

BTW, the only ones I can't distrubute are "GM Text Fighters", "GM Text Fighters 2", and "GM Text Fighters Lite". The TI-86 one is ok.

Although I doubt any company would worry about a text game.