Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Arioch

Doom Wars Source Released

Captain Mellow has updated with the news that he has put up the Doom Wars sourcecode for download from his pages here. In case you have forgotten, Doom Wars was a project by Cajun Bot creator Yoghurt that enables players to summon armies of monsters and pit them against each other, which was closed down when Yoghurt abruptly left the Doom community without further explanation.

Guest BlackTerror

And I doubt I know whatever language it's written in, anyway.

Guest Busted Corpse

Doomwars rocked! it was like a strategy game in doom... DOWNLOAD IT NOW, dammit!

Guest Busted Corpse

now all we need is some coder to port it to Zdoom, without making a mess of it like the cajun bot (sorry)

I've been waiting for this. Good job I can code. I'm gunna have to have a look at this for sure...

I'd rather it wasn't ported to zdoom myself.. at least not the whole damn thing, I wouldn't mind zdoom 'borrowing' the code but I'd prefer the original to be as it is.

Guest Busted Corpse

Tell ya what, if you can port this wonderful, wonderful game to Zdoom, I'll try to run up a couple of levels for it and maybe we can give this port half the respect it deserves.

Guest Busted Corpse

Either way

First I'll try adding this to the new version of Legacy. That should be nice and easy.

Can't this be done in Edge now anyway, using DDF?

Law: Not really, AFAIk it also use Yoghurts Cajun bots and DDF don't have any good AI. Nor do it have any Multiplayer.

Guest Captain Napalm

I can´t find a link to Doomwars anywhere on that site, only to the source. Could some link me please?

Guest Busted Corpse

I've just come up with a map on paper, it'll probably be done by next week.

Have any other maps been made for Doomwars?
-I've got lots of ideas of my own but it'd be nice to get someone else's perspective

Guest Busted Corpse

Any chance of someone sticking a page up on doomworld?

cos this is a rather fantastic port and it deserves much more attention.

With the right multiplayer client/server stuff (like Zdaemon) it could be up there with Skulltag for sheer multiplayer brilliance

Did anyone get a network game of this running? When I tryed it with a couple of mates it didn't work too good (only player one could make monsters).

Guest Busted Corpse

I only had the chance to play it splitscreen... give me a week and ill try to set up a network game though

...unless anyone fancies a game? :)

Guest orkface

I'd play ya but my connection is slow as shit.

I got a map but its kinda crap. I'm not sure if I've still got it. I find out when I get home from school.
;)

incidently I was in contact with yoghurt when he left and he was actualy still working on cajun 2. but I guesse he eventuly quit completly

Guest Busted Corpse

bet its not as slow as mine... (32k) :(

Doesnt seem to stop me on Zdaemon though :)