Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Arioch

Oblivion Team Interview

Hmm, it seems like a silly idea at first, but after reading the interview, it's really not all that silly at all. Spending their time preparing, developing ideas and music, so they can be the "first" and "best" mod for Doom 3.

Guest WadEd

PH33R THE GODS OF WAR!!

Meh.

Well, it seam to me stupid to cancel a megawad so far into progress when there's so long time left until the other game is being released. but I guess that's just me.

BTW why don't they start making models and shit now? cause they'll probably gonna use Lightwave 3d or 3d-studio for the modeling anyway.

Guest Fanatic

I don't think they can. I believe the new DOOM will be using a new model type, similar to Half Life (bones and skins kind of stuff). I'm not sure there will be an editor for the new model type. Just speculation...

Whatever the format for models will be in Doom3, they could start the models in another format and fastly code a converter when the engine is released... this would save time.

I think I'll quickly change one sound effect in Doom three and then that would be the "First" and "Best" mod there is. Yes, the only mod, and very crap, but it would piss off Oblivion team.

What happened is that because ID announced Doom III, most of the people who were making levels for Oblivion Doom II just kind of stopped and didn't really give a care anymore. So I just kind of gave up, I donnated some levels and enemies to Doom 3057 but that stopped too. I'm going to release them on my webpage or so, since I can only release 4 levels... because there the ones I made. I have an artist that sends work to gameart.com all the time and he's actually sketching out new enemies and weapons which we will then create in the engine and make models from. Hope I answered a few of your questions. Best regards

TheReqium, what exactly did you donate?

I remember seeing your name in the credits for a little bit, then they disappeared. X-Blade told me that a couple of his members were kicked out because they didn't do any work, and even after asking them for some sort of evidence that they at least started, they couldn't produce any. Were you one of these guys he mentioned?

Actually, I was never really part of the team. He put me on there for a little bit but I asked him to remove me. I did donate a few levels, mostly just textures I made. XBlade is on my buddy list and he "in person" told me Doom 3057 was no longer in progress so I guess... he never used them. I don't know anyone that was removed so I can't say there were but anyhow, I did think it was a cool Idea that's why I wanted to do some work. You can ask him thoe, I specifically said I would help with some work on my free time but I was never actually part of the team. best regards

Guest Busted Corpse

... methinks the lad, he promise too much.

Too soon I say, too soon.

Too much attention on zero content thus far...

Hope it all comes together when youve actually got an engine to work with.

...Man, I go away for one week(after a spectacular exit) and I see that still some of you are putting up with a "project" for a game that won't be released for forever, and a "leader" who lies about most everything, from resources to obligations.

Guest Busted Corpse

for once we are in complete agreement.... :)

Spectacular exit? maybe you should go re-read that post. If I'm correct you got stomped on by my friend "Surgeon", and no he isn't on my team. Maybe you should go read that interview too. Alot of discriminating people have changed there minds. I wonder why? Maybe it's because they realized I am actually serious about the project. Your drowning deeper and deeper into cold water Wavelength. Might as well just give it up. Also, on hand I have some great mappers signing up. Like people from Team TNT, Rocket Arena Quake II, and III, and some other people from various awesome mods for UT, Undying and Tribes 2. =)

Didn't some guy show up and totally down everything you stand for? And I agreed? Yeah we bashed you good, ripped you up and showed everyone that you have crap for brains and nothing but plans for a ::laugh:: 9 "level" TC for Doom "iii".

Have these magic "mappers" actually made anything? No because you are a liar.

I'm done with you, so you won't be hearing any more from me, go ahead and cry all you want but I'm a busy man, bye!

Have you no sense, 'TheRequiem'? Evidently not. You strut like a hard bastard behind a keyboard, in another city, state and country, but you are not impressing any one with your childish jibes, your ridiculous (I presume) lies and inflated ego. You do not seem to be able to accept, and to understand, opinions of others. This adds up to you being the age of 10 - 12? If you are older, then you should be ashamed of your self. Being interviewed at NewDoom doesn't make you right or special by the way, so saying look at my interview retard is not going to get you anywhere. I suggest you refrain from anymore remarks against others to avoid futher embarrassment. I would also suggest apologising to the people you have unleashed your pathetic 'wit' upon. I suspect you will reply to this message with more of your crap, but understand that will conferm what I have just pointed out. Also to avoid this big argument in the future, do not brag about nothing. We are not going to bow to you for thinking about doing a mod for a game coming out next year. If you find it necessary to reply, could you tell me your age please? Cheers everyone.

What does that have to do with anything? lol. I have a "BIG" reason, I do in fact take alot of other peoples advice otherwise I wouldn't be here. If I'm such a big lier... then what have I lied about? I rest my case. Anyhow, further to your judgment... I don't give a fuck. Wavelength was bad news in the beginning that doesn't mean he's a "fag" or he's a "dumbass". It simply means that he doesn't like my project so he has ridiculed me from the beginning. I add up to the age of 12?.. ok, whatever floats your boat. I don't think I'm great for having an interview with newdoom, lol. I just stated in there I was serious about the mod and helped people understand my being. I try to post in these message boards only to answer peoples "serious" questions. Not to reply to pathetic "uses" or "pre-comebacks"... like yours.

Guest Black Knight

I like what your doing, you have very strong emphasis. Perhaps you should not worry about these people and just prove them wrong. When you do they will feel stupid. I for one am looking out for your project. They are right about one thing thoe, quit being so stuck up and listen to MY opinion. Go out there and recruit some dangerous people for your clan for the time being maybe. As for you others like Law and Wavelength. What kind of name is Wavelength anyway? Perhaps both of you should get off your ass and actually do something worthy of your own time and quit bugging him.

GoW will kick ass when we get the page up. Right now theres just a little team screwing around in TFC and Counter Strike. The site will be opened soon and when it does... there will be IRC clan chats, message boards, dates pending, games being played, and clan records. When it does launch there will be alot of killing going on. Thanks for understanding... hopefully these people will see whats going on when I do get some stuff done. best regards

Guest Busted Corpse

maybe we could race them?

y'know- study their habitats, see how they respond to stimuli, that kind of thing...

(and all this from a bloke with a quote from Alice in Wonderland for his infoline..sheesh)

Guest Black Knight

I think your a moron that doesn't know how to properly respond after he was pushed 6 feet under by my toes.