Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Arioch

LOL

the page uses advanced cascading style sheets.
my version of Netscape can't open it... but, of course, IE can.

having to use 2 browsers is like having to shop at 2 grocery stores... =/

well, I am fine using both right now.

reasons I still use Netscape:
less chance of virus attacks, internal email client, more security, easier to edit, easier to configure by manipulating the preference files/etc...
there are negatives to both too, like java that allows the xhtml to configure your client settings in IE. come on, who's the genius that allowed that to happen.
A browser should be a program you can install and uninstall without affecting your OS -- IMO.

there are little features on both that I like.(for example: Netscape opens a new window with the page it initially loaded, IE tries to reload the goddamn page that you are already on)

Obviously, IE is already the best web browser, but do we really want to give in and allow IE to be the ONLY browser?

not complaining at all, just food for thought.

oh, actually, I think cookies are the most annoying thing in browsers... if you don't agree now, I think you will come ipv6.

Why the hell would we stop using Netscape, Crotch? The solution is: he should make his damn page compatible with Netscape, like a pro- not just with a gay browser like Internet Explorer, just because it is by Microsoft. Everybody on the net does this, and they are stupid and losing visitors; god, it doesn't matter that your friends tell you to smoke cigarettes and use I.E. to fit in- Netscape is just as big a deal and people only discriminate because it refuses to be swallowed by the illegal monopoly that is Microsoft.

Excuse me, but I think you'll find that AOL/Time Warner are almost as bad...

Losing the 2% or so who're still using Netscape is a good thing, IMO.

The idea is now, if you refuse to upgrade your crap of a browser to something decent (I'll go ahead and include stuff like Konqueror in this list), then you don't DESERVE to visit pages I create professionally.

"almost"? I didn't know Microsoft had enough of a market cap to consider swallowing Time Warner and a couple of cable companies at once ...

Illegal monopoly my ass, companies should get to decide how their own products are presented to consumers, and having 30 icons for crappy alternatives (Netscape, AOL, AIM, Real Player) placed on the desktop isn't any sort of way to get my dollars.

... or haven't you been reading the kind of inane demands companies like AOL have been making of Microsoft for the Windows XP release?

(AOL icon on the desktop, AOL icon in the start menu, AOL screen opening on your desktop twice a month asking if you'd like to sign up ... that list just goes on!)

That's not a competitive request, that's just pathetic.

... and by the way, if you're going to also start arguing that Real Player is a superior piece of programming to Windows Media Player the conversation as far as I'm concerned can just stop, since your standards are obviously warped.

the page worx in opera so atleast its a netscape-only problem not actually caused by any microsofti'sh features missing.

anyhow, i'd better stay out of this as i like neither of e'm, although i still have to keep a version of ie for those pages that refuse to work...

Yes, but it's offset by the fact that Ted Turner is an even bigger wanker than Bill Gates.

IMHO neither of them are as bad as the Fox Empire and Murdoch though. Any TV programs of films made by Fox that everyone else condemns as utterly shite films and always seem to get glowing reviews in Murdoch papers and magazines, Murdoch actually trying to bribe various governments, making the most of tax loopholes, etc.

That should have read:

Yes, but it's offset by the fact that Ted Turner is an even bigger wanker than Bill Gates.

IMHO neither of them are as bad as the Fox Empire and Murdoch though. Any TV programs or films made by Fox that everyone else condemns as utterly shite always seem to get glowing reviews in Murdoch papers and magazines, Murdoch actually trying to bribe various governments, making the most of tax loopholes, etc. Also funny how the Murdoch media never criticises Manchester United, considering how Murdoch owns something like 10% of their shares.

Netscape can't even process the most basic of HTML: tables. I spend nearly a month making the new Millennium page design work with that steaming pile of shit, and it's the last time I make anything Netscape-compatible: from now on, Netscape can make their browser HTML-compatible if they wanna make you happy. It's not my job (or any other web designer's job) to do that.

Gawd, you guys are complete assholes. All I do is go off and state some simple facts(and opinions) about two web-browsers and you go off putting words in my mouth and trying to sound like any of you know what the hell you are talking about. Lut was the only person to give me a good argument, the rest of you are just annoyed because I am right: Microsoft is a monopoly, AOL/Time Warner is not. Just as many people use Netscape as use Internet Explorer(wooo, real original name), including me- and the only reason people use I.E. is because they are forced to- it comes with Windows(monopoly2000). And as long as a consumer out there is using Netscape(there are billions), then people should accomodate their sites and the internet in general for use with Netscape, despite what their older friends tell them. It can do things I.E. can't, I assure you. Advanced HTML tables my ass, prove it: you aren't pros. Get an attitude, Crotch. I never said RealPlayer was better than MediaPlayer: they BOTH suck ass(media player more over). Quicktime is the way to go.

I hate having this conversation because browsers and video players in general all suck. Computers are crap: they aren't as good as people say; they can do oh so much at first, but then are unreliable and can vanquish all your memory in a flash like nothing happened. Why? Why does it ask me to choose a profile when I enter Windows, yet there are no names to choose from? Why anything? Just look at Opulant's list: You are just mad because, despite your "vast technical readouts"(which actually even my grandparents could point out are more flawed and corrupt than our current political system), I always get all the facts straight.

So, I'm the asshole, while you sit there and call me "Crotch" and expect to remain blameless?

I said you'd try to tell me RealPlayer is better than Windows Media Player, and although you deny that I am right, you do so anyway in the second paragraph.

There aren't billions of people online, I suggest you do some demography research. User-Agent logs from the most popular sites show LESS THAN 10% of people use ANY version of Netscape, and MORE people use IE 2.0 than ANY version of Netscape 6.

"I always get all the facts straight"......

hmmm, is that right? The other day you made insulting comments about that Doom3TC guys mother, but somehow i doubt you've met her or actually know anything about her. Always get your facts straight? Yeah, right!

"Just as many people use Netscape as use Internet Explorer"

Sorry, you're wrong there. There have NEVER been as many people using Netscape as there have IE (although at Netscape's peak the gap wasn't THAT big).

Now that Netscape isn't being updated anymore (at least officially), the number of Netscape users is shrinking even further.

If you don't believe me, do some research. There's all kinds of studies into exactly this type of thing.

And technically, Microsoft aren't a monopoly, as there are other companies making rival products, just in a lot of cases hardly anyone uses them. A true monopoly would be something like the British Post Office, until recently anyway.

Well, no ... IE had to overtake Netscape at some point. Pretty much when both browsers moved into version 4.x

Well first of all the point of IE in the beginning was to overtake netscape. Microsoft has created internets, programs, OS's and other various things for there own OS to compete with "Competitors" and to win the market over. Now they have the X-Box competing with the other "Computer Entertainment Systems"... which in fact means they will almost always have something to compete with other products or to overtake them. I do think AOL time warner has a big advantage over Microsoft right now and if they use there own "understanding" they will eventually be the "toughest" competitor microsoft has already taken on. i think in the end thoe Microsoft will manage to consume them. As for Wavelength... Again, you don't know what your trying to talk about. Am I the one that really lies? If your going to be against Microsoft... there's no point. Might as well just sell your computer. And he tried to tell me he worked for Capcom. hah

girls: i already presented the facts. try not to hurt yourselves too much while you struggle. ::walks out the door he just entered through, sips coffee as he gets into limo::

:: Meanwhile Microsoft begin court proceedings against WaveLength for calling them a monopoly when they are, in fact, not.

Well I thought I'd go and take a look at your stated 'homepage' as you have so much web/browser knowledge.
Trouble is I fell foul of your lack of URL knowledge and, well, lost interest immediately.

I'm not a webdesigner master, but I DO know that you have to type in "[url="http://""]http://"[/url] before your url.

So I advice you to fix that before you start to act all high and mighty.

Guest Black Knight

Are you being a dickface again? Judging other people without proof and thinking you are the king again. What's new?

Guest Slapnutz

hes gittin a stroke dont worry bout it