Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Arioch

Wadster

Doomcenter: What are some things that you think made Doom a revolutionary video game?

Ourumov: It being avalable on low power pcs (386's and 486's), which allows it to be played by the masses. Not restricted again, to high-end or top-of-the-line pcs. The game was in a sense programmed for the lowest common denominator or therefore almost everybody. Its smooth 3D and scarry atmosphere and its multiplayer capabilities.

---------

Can anyone tell me what's wrong with that statement?

well, he was probably flustered because i forgot to ask what his favorite movie/book/movie artist was... i never forget that question.

;)

Zdoom doesn't work any more. Ever since 1.22, it always crashes with some "could not create new screen (320x200): 88760064 GetLastError = 50" crap. I deleted zdoom.ini, didn't do squat. cheap technology sucks.

Yeah, ZDoom's a nightmare. I finally updated 1.17C to 1.22 a few days ago, and I couldn't even use hi-res anymore, it stuck me with 320x200 and 320x240, even though the default was still set for 800x600. Then I got the v1.23beta and now it crashes with a "cannot display" error before starting.

Try deleting both zdoom.cfg and zdoom.ini before running the beta again ... there are conflict problems if you keep both files.

Guest Ourumov

Does anyone have any constructive criticsm for my TC?

Well, that's great. I got the display back, but now he apparently forgot to put some of the most important controls under the keyboard config, so 1-7 don't work for weapons, I can't use TAB for the automap and there's no PAUSE key either.

You can't put them in the INI unless you know how their specific binding code (like weapprev, etc.), could you just send me your CFG/INI instead?

Right, um ... delete your .ini file again and set your configuration back up manually ... then it'll work.

I'm still having problems with the .ini file. I tried deleting it and I tried using an old one. I can't get ZDoom GL to initialize properly either and when it does I get a bunch of huge ass squares on the screen. One day I'll figure it out if I just screw with it alittle more, even thoe last time I did that I had to delete the whole thing.

It still doesn't work- I deleted both zdoom.cfg and zdoom.ini, it still crashes under a Fatal Error (display). Bah!

Guest Busted Corpse

well I liked it...