Guest Busted Corpse

but the chainsaw looks cooooooooool

dammit! I wish I could draw :(

(Art GCSE nonwithstanding)

Guest cocoon

ladies and gentlemen we are floating in space

Guest Busted Corpse

yep....much better piccie now :)

I haven't paid too much attention to freedoom, but this shot is nice. The chainsaw is particularly good and the textures are nice translations.

Whoa! Great texture variations in that shot!
And the chainsaw looks great on pictures but... odd... in-game.

Guest Busted Corpse

what map is that?

Guest Busted Corpse

Ah yes.... sorry I was getting confused with a bit from e1m4 (or something like that) but freedoom is Doom2

When finished, Freedoom will include replacements for all textures from Doom 1 and Doom 2, so suitably equpped Doom ports using Freedoom will be able to play add-on pwads for Doom 1 and Doom 2.

Guest Deathman

that chainsaw looks sweet! wish I had great art skillz

fredrik: WTH weird ass lightuing thing were you trying on that thing? in game it flickers like mad (not the blade, the thing that holds it)

I'm impressed. I just Dl'd the current freedoom and I am amazed that so much high quality progress has been made in such a short space of time.

I love anything that gives doom a new lease of life, so I played through a few well known and loved levels with their new freedoom "skin" on. I am particularly impressed at how well the new textures and flats replace the old ones.

I also love the chainsaw. I went around hacking imps to bits with it, not because I had run out of ammo, but because I wanted to. Just like the first time I found a chainsaw in doom shareware.

This is really shaping up to be a good, high quality product. Well done to all concerned.

Guest Wyvern

The blood on the circular blade should streak in a circular fashion and not show as blotches. ;D

ooo, look at that robot's head stuck on the wall! He's got one red eye and one blue...

....oh, hang on, i guess thats a switch.