Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Arioch

... and QDOOM 1.0!

I hope everyone has good vision, because you're going to need it to see anything in all the blurred together textures :(

Guest cocoon

downloading...

I think a few people has been waiting for this.

Texas is out, but New York worked for me.
I think it takes them awhile to physically mirror the files to the other file servers...

Guest Fanatic

If you can, use the GL version. Looks great there.

EDGE32 looks kind of bad with the textures, turning off mipmapping in the video options and turning off blurring helps.

Hmm, when I hit the button on that 3d elovator in e3m2, EDGE freeze up my system.

and I think it's kinda sour that everyweapon only seem to be placed once each in the entire TC. I died in E2M1 and hadn't saved before that and didn't feel like restarting it all, so I started fresh on that map. But now I'm on E3M2 and I still haven't come across any SSG or regular Nailgun. >:(

Very, very impressive. The feeling of a quake, rather than doom game was almost total. The sprite captures were much cripser than I had expected. All in all an incredibly complete piece of work.

Guest Excalibur_Z

Me too. It ran really slowly and was quite dark as well (in the original Quake it was the textures that are dark but there are plenty of light sources). Tried the GL version but that wasn't much help, just had blurred text to go along with the slowness... I got to the Death Knights at the end of E1M1 but it was so slow and so dark that I decided it wasn't worth it. Don't get me wrong though, it's a great idea and the architecture and monsters and weapons turned out nicely.

Fanatic, I sure hope it doesn't run this slow on your machine...

the first level was the slowest for me, and after i beat it, well, the other levels were speedy. nice work, fanatic

I tried turning on and off every graphic option, and then I loaded regular Doom 2 and it looked just fine.

I don't think it's Fanatic's fault though, it's probably just that Quake's textures weren't designed to be used in the Doom engine.

I will give GL EDGE a try though...

Guest j00 equals ded

Looks like someone didn't play Quake long enough...

This feels nothing like Quake. Sure we have the same weapons and sounds, but when I shot my shotgun I didn't hear the goddamn shells hitting the ground.

Quake introduced 3D, true 3D. When I walked over that bridge to the other slipgates that I couldn't enter at first, I got hurt. Well this doesn't feel like 3D now. Feels like some cheap trick, an excuse for 3D. Because if I did walk over hurtful chemicals via a bridge, I wouldn't be hurt would I?

This has not come close to capturing the grandest atmosphere of Quake. Quake didn't have rain, 2D monsters ect.

Guest Excalibur_Z

Guess what. Doom does. It's the Doom engine. You can't expect Quake to come from the Doom engine. It's a damn fine attempt though.

Guest Excalibur_Z

Touche.

Guest j00 equals ded

Maybe we can call this a fine attempt, as I would call it, but it looks nothing or feels nothing like Quake.

A fine attempt at that; just not fine enough.

Guest Fanatic

I didn't attempt to make Quake. You misunderstand the whole project if you think that....

Guest j00 equals ded

Then what was your purpose?

Guest Fanatic

To make Quake, but in DOOM and my style, and to make it for my own fun.

See, most people either hate or love QDOOM. I've gotten lots of mean pointless comments, because classic DOOMers don't like Quake to any extent, and they view what I do like burning the countries flag, or spitting on a bible. If you don't like it, fine, don't play it. If you like it, even better, enjoy my hard work.

I got the hard crash by the lift too. But, you can just jump down, it doesn't kill you.

I like koolaid :)

Fanatic is right, it doesn't matter if it's based on Quake it's just a fun piece of work done in a different style. As a matter of fact I think it play's alot like Quake... and the only "big" difference is the engine. Keep up the good work Fanatic I look forward to later releases. best regards

I totally agree Fanatic.

Anyway, I've no problems at all, except for a low frame rate, but big deal.

IT KICKS ASS!!

You, Fanatic, are truely a Doom God.

Yeah, what's with the MP3 files not playing? I've done everything the text and batch files told me to do. CD or MP3 version, I get nothing but very high quality Doom 2 MIDIs.