Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DemonRage

Scariest doom moments. post em here.

Well, way back when i had my 386(with 20 megs of ram, 40mhz proc) i bought the shareware version. I load up the first level, enable pc speaker sound(now thats anoying) and started my way thru the game. The first time i saw a Pink demon running at me, i nearly shit myself, all i had was a pistol. The most memorable moment would be on the last level of ep 1. going up the elevtor and walking forward and seeing the barons of hell. it took 3 trys to bet them. i first played the full doom exp on the snes(minus about 8 levels) man i loved the music on the snes.

Heh, I remeber playing Doom on my friend's shitty comp and I like didn't know a fucking thing about it but eventually I beat the first episode...

RailGunner said:

err.. doom isnt scary. nor are the tcs.

Yes it is. I remember the scariest to be E1M8 or E2M4.

For me it was Tricks and Traps in Doom II one time. I was in the area with the Barons and the Cyber. Barons were dead, I had the invulnrability so I just sat there hammering the Cyber. Then I ran out of rockets and switched to the side by side. I was pinned in a corner by the rockets and then the invulnrability started running out. I swear to this day I got my killing shot off the microsecond the thing ran out, and that just happened to be between rocket blasts.

If you want good scares though, you should be playing Quake. That game scares the shit out of me on a more consistent and regular basis than any other.

Agreed, Quake is scarier than doom... It's those fucking fiends that get me...

Last time I jamp in doom was when I was playing "Hell on Earth - Fiffy's Interpretation" (heh). I rounded a corner and that spastic fiffy had planted a dirty great cyberdemon about two feet away in a room three foot squared.

aw man, my scariest moment was when i found out i couldnt use dehacked because I DONT HAVE DOOM2.EXE!!!!!....ok, deeep breaths.......phew.......*ahem* Otherwise it was when i found a cyberdemon at the end of level 29 of doom2 at close range

Well, it was probably the flashing lights maze in E1M2 that scared the crap out of me. There I was, creeping along, then suddenly an imp would seemingly pop up out of nowhere and scratch me.

the only time I can rember doom making me jump was when I still had doom shareware. on E1M6, I was playing on UV, and I was in the room with tha blue keycard. this wasn't the first time i had play doom, and I kenw there was a spector down tha flight of stears to my left. I thought he would run outside so I could pick him off from the safty of the window. so i sat there whated for him to apper, ignoring the stearwell. Suddly the spector bit me! I had know Idea he was even in the room! I let out a Girly screem just as my little brother walked by. It took me a wile for me to live it down.

darknation said:

Agreed, Quake is scarier than doom... It's those fucking fiends that get me...

You're right about the fiends. One of the best bad guys ever. The only thing that scares me more than them are the Gyak (might have spelt that wrong) in Hexen II's Mission pack. They're like a Fiend crossed with a Maulotaur, mixed together with a gallon of Jolt Cola.

i never was really scared by e3m2, i dunno why. but definately e1m5, e2m6, e2m9, e3m3, e3m5, e4m2, e4m6, e4m8.

E1M8 playing SNES Doom when I was 7. At the end where you go through the teleport into the room stuffed with monsters. The SNES version was the first I played and at the end of E1 you just die and go back to the starting screen. It took me eight or so years until I got my own computer and Ultimate Doom until I realized I had beaten it. I never seriously tried to beat the other two episodes on the SNES.

I was really small, under 10 and playing on my grandad's *new* computer which had DOOM installed on it, I had watched my uncles play it and one of them let me be the shooter while he directed around.

Eventually when no-one was about, I grabbed the keyboard and entered teh doom, I can't remember what level it was but it was a dark room and a medkit was slotted between two walls and all of a sudden this pink like gorilla came chomping me down and I was inevitably stuck. I caked my pants. And died another four times...

Another cliff hanger was "Gotcha!" on d2, the first room was a classic. trick and traps was also scary.

Davidoom said:

Another cliff hanger was "Gotcha!" on d2, the first room was a classic.

Yeah. That was quite a scary, mysterious map. That goes for Map28 as well! :)

DemonRage said:
Well, way back when i had my 386(with 20 megs of ram, 40mhz proc) i bought the shareware version.

Huh??

Disorder said:

Huh??

Shit dude, there are places that sell shareware discs. I got the shareware disc of Warcraft II for $2

The hell Doom isn't scary. If you have half an ounce of imagination at 11, Doom IS scary. In 1994 I'd never seen anything like it. The favourite game then was Sonic 2 on the Mega Drive. The worst thing was I played it for almost all my vacation in Canada (missing out on family moments) and when I got back I had to wait 3 years before I could afford a damn PC!

Scariest Doom moment? What else? E1M8 back in Canada in July '94. Nowadays a Baron isn't such a big deal but still one to watch out for, now I get worried by Archviles and Revenants.

Scary bit - Halls of the Damned (E2M6). The pitch-plack, wooden maze towards the end. Oh, and the fake exit. Grrr.

Quake was, indeed, shit scary and induced shivery nasty bits. Trent's soundtrack helped, too (Cue Trent-flaming discussion).

And Warcraft II was bloody fantastic. I created a 30-page comic based on it for my GCSE design coursework. Wakka!

my all time shit scariest timne playing doom was right after i got the snes version for christmas when i was about 10 or 11 and i was home alone @ night in my room in the pitch dark playing E2M4 and that goddamn music must have givin my the creeps for about a month after that not to mention it took me about 3 hours to fall asleep after i finished playing...

doom 2 - levels 3 on too 11 all in a row scare the crap out of me

quake, i wont get specific since this isnt a quake forum, but that is the scariest game on earth hands-down

BBG said:
REQUIEM scares the shit out of me! Monsters pop up and you're just like "fuck!!!"

Geez, i love that effect! I like to do that in my levels.

Oh, and Darknation, you always end up seeing the credits in episode I even if you are in nightmare.

RailGunner said:

Geez, i love that effect! I like to do that in my levels.

Oh, and Darknation, you always end up seeing the credits in episode I even if you are in nightmare.

He was talking about SNES Doom

The first time I played MAP30.

god, I must have spent an hour curled up in a ball on the floor next to my computer, too scared to enter the teleporter.

The most scared I've been when playing Doom was on one of my own maps actually. I was wallrunning down the side of a building, and when I got to the end, around the corner, there's this green 'cross' in the wall, and for a second it looked like another player firing at me, in SP! Hehe, I jumped outta my seat :P

SlayeR said:

The most scared I've been when playing Doom was on one of my own maps actually. I was wallrunning down the side of a building, and when I got to the end, around the corner, there's this green 'cross' in the wall, and for a second it looked like another player firing at me, in SP! Hehe, I jumped outta my seat :P

heh well. My testers find one of my maps to be scary, but you guys will have to find out what it is on your own when it gets released. :)