Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
AndrewB

The /newstuff Chronicles #51

A mere three new WAD files have been released this week, but it's another drop in the bucket of quenching Doom content, brought together in our weekly presentation of the new things found on CDROM.COM.

• Half Soldier Skin by Paul Archibald - A very simple modification. One skin for ZDoom/Legacy. The space marine sprite is replaced with the lower half of a marine. That's right, two legs walking around, with some guts sticking out. Enhanced DOOM port required.
  • Minge by Andy Mckie - A single-player map for Doom 2. A moderately large map with not very much detail. The theme is that of a cave / mining base. Not very many monsters. It's pretty much a cakewalk on skill 4. It would probably be best played on Nightmare skill for your average player. Most of your usual Legacy tricks. Rooms over rooms, underwater areas. Requires Doom Legacy. Update: It has come to my attention that this is map is primarily intended for Deathmatch play, explaining the ease of single-player mode. I wonder how I missed that. It looks like it would make for an interesting deathmatch.
  • Hsg_0102 by Harry Gunderson - The sequel to the recently released Hsg_0101.wad, this is a very different single-player map for Doom 2. Several areas hooked together, each looking very similar, in a honeycomb pattern. This may seem a bit repetitive to some, but the playability is reasonably good. Health and ammo is balanced very well. There are also a couple of texture replacements.

Im third it seems. MINGE is a deathmatch wad, I thought I put that in the textfile. I lways put some monsters in so I can have fun while testing.

Guest Big Al

Eye candy details just slow deathmatch levels down. Depends on what you want, to look nice or play fast.
Fast is more fun.

Guest NunoC

life ain't worth living until you've found something worth dying for.

Guess your "something" is pissing the hell out of people.

Guest Busted Corpse

why do all of your map names refer to..um.... heh

I never noticed. Its alright though, most of the doomers are scandinavian, they wont notice.

Actually, I have no imagination when it comes to naming my levels, but I do try to make them easy to remember as Im a bit absent minded.

I suppose I also have a warped sense of humour (the proper spelling, none of that USA stuff here)

That doesn't make any sense, bud

What makes no sense? my comments or the name of my wad (minge). Just curious (is that spelt correctly?)

I have never seen a minge that didnt make sense.

Hi Anders, nice to see you here. I hope you get that megawad finished soon, the screenshots get me all wet and excited.

Change that Logo on your page, its been there for ages.

Crap, I just got disconnected while typing this.
Thats telewest for you.

I just noticed it, I never realised he was the same guy contacting me on ICQ and by email recently.

Hm Newstuff chronicle #51, this week it'll be 52, wich means that Newstuff chronicles are 1 year this week. YAY

rofl

I'm searching for a comments thread that hasn't got some kind of stupid comment by wavelength and a flamewar on it.

(which also has >1 post)

Actually, I have no imagination when it comes to naming my levels

Try using foreign sounding names... make up some shit. I made up Oda Calone :)

<font size=1><samp>Can I have a definition of a 'leet'?</samp></font>