Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

New XWE

Version 1.03 of the eXtendable Wad Editor has been released. According to the page, the program's MUS viewer now displays music correctly, and the TextScreen (ENDOOM) editor has improvements. If you don't know, XWE is an editor with support for Doom, DoomII, Quake 1, 2, 3, Duke Nukem 3D, Blood, Foresaken, Thief, Strife (SW), and Half-Life.

That's right (about the MUS Viewer). As bigbadgangsta pointed it out on the Editing Forum, XWE had some problems viewing MUS entries. If you had an MP3 file under a music entry (D_RUNNIN, etc), XWE would try to 'interpret' it as a real MUS entry, and crashed. It now checks the header (first 4 bytes) to avoid such situations. As for real MUS entries, before it just displayed 'garbage', but now it's readable. I used it to read the score of some of the original Doom ][ songs when I re-wrote them for the FreeDoom project.

As always, I'd just like everyone to know that I'll try to implement any features into XWE if someone needs something. Any feedback is appreciated.

i'd really like some easy way of displaying "hud sprites"/weapons so that its easy to determinate the right position.

Bitstate:
You mean sprites like CHGGA0? Ok, I'll fix it.

Ebola:
You can always add sectors manually by editing the Sectors entry (lot of fun). The new version already has an Add new sector feature. Plus split and join linedefs (like in WA).

Always a pleasure to see a developer that asks for feedback AND answer to it.
Keep on the good work :)

Thanks :-) I actually developed what Bitstate requested, plus a bunch of new stuff (especially the Map Editor). I have just uploaded the new version.

While you're taking requests, could you possibly make some more midis for Freedoom? The two you've done so far own.