Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
AndrewB

DeePsea 11.2 Released

That's right, version 11.2 of the commercial DOOM/Doom 2/Heretic/Hexen/Strife editor DeePsea has been released. There are quite a few new exciting features in this update. Lots of new Prefab functions, flexible toolbars, and plenty of new customization features. There is also a brand new online (and offline) help file, fully updated and fuctional. Registered users of DeePsea will receive their upgrade upon request.

Guest The Gemini

make the way u make sectors like dck...

Why would I want to go backwards? DeePsea makes "sectors" a lot better & easier than DCK. Try drawing across a line with DCK:)

It's always best to actually use/try something before commenting.

Guest The Gemini

no youre just an exception..
and i have tried the other method, it sucks

Guest The Gemini

by the way u can make triangles and 'fiveangles' same way as u make rectangles and 'fourangles'..

Not very clear there. Angles? I assume you mean rectangles and polygons?

DeePsea does rectangles AND polygons (5 angles?) way better than DCK (or any other editor). The polygon of course can have way more than just 3 or 5 "angles". Plus you can create them AROUND another object.

Looks like you looked at the web screen shots and assume that's all there is.

Plus the new floating toolbar means one can just click and go. TRY it instead of just trying to be a boner. (Nah that would not be as much fun)

Guest pablodictter

Hey dudes, i got a question..
..is editing for Strife, is like making a zdoom wad but w/ different effects and stuff, or is way different?

just wondering.

Strife is like DOOM with a little bit of interactive dialog and goal scripting. It's too much work to publish how to do it for so little interest (or people that play the game). Very nice levels.

But even without modifying the scripts there are many unique elements .. like friendlies when you design a level.

I modified the prefab screen shots adding the polygon too - should have been obvious though.

when I actually feel like shelling out 30 bucks to edit an old ass game, then I might actually check it out... the shareware version is just to size limited, and I'm not really that interested in making small maps..

Hi mystic! remember me?

btw, Deepteam, I sent a email requesting for a free upgrade. I already ordered 10.11b a while back.

The only people I banned lately were Scorpion, Dashiva, and Dream Destroyer, and all three were asking for it.

Guest Skarj

You're all wrong!!
Wadauthor will always be the king of the editing world!!!!!

(this is sarcasm for those of you a few colors short of bright)

Guest mantra_

there is no justification for charging such an exhorbitant amount of money for such an old old game. if deep is so great, why not use it to please the masses and turn the doom community into a saucy wad generating machine?

Guest fUnKyMoNk

The largest complaint I have about DeepSea is how its modes are set up. I think lots of time would be saved if the vertex and linedef modes were combined (ala DCK and EdMap). Sectors and items could be combined as well, I hardly think that would get in the way. That cuts down TAB time in half and makes the editor easier to use. I never liked Wad Author's all in one mode, but IMO cutting it down to 2 would be perfect.

I would consider thinking about registering DeepSea if something like that was implimented. Perhaps user defined modes, combine whatever the user wants for personal tastes?

Guest fUnKyMoNk

also, why does it take two clicks to edit a sidedef! its not that hard to automaticly display one or both of the sidedefs information on the first click. these are walls that slow down the user that were built up back in the DEU days..

Guest cocoon

...with funkymonk here, those are features I've been missing too and reasons why I'm still using dck.

Yes, I do remember you, see you over at newdoom. I dont use deep any more, it screwed up a couple of my wads and I couldnt open them in other editors to fix them. I will stick with DETH, it does everything I want and its FREE

That post was directed at people typing single letters into threads from the very last page of the forum for the sake of annoying everybody else.

I didn't do any banning. I can not ban people. You would have to ask Linguica. Only Administrators can ban. All I can do is edit or delete posts. You haven't done anything to be banned so it must be an accident.

can i have DeePSEA for free?
my mom's too stupid to pay! , and i don 't have a cc card (cuz i'm only 13 :D ) so can u gimme a link plzz? i love that editor so much , but can't make big levels! :(
or have 32 levels in 1 wad :(

<< I thought Wavelength was banned? >>

The forums and these comments use a different regristration system. Luckily Wavelength never posted on the forums (afaik anyway).

<< I agree... wadauthor is the most efficient and fast compiler out there. >>

Perhaps you should have read his entire message, he was being sarcastic. Maybe you are too, but it doesn't sound like it to me.

<< Sectors and items could be combined as well, I hardly think that would get in the way. >>

And what happens if you have a sector so small that a thing takes up the entirety of it? If you went to move the mouse over the thing to edit it, it would end up selecting the sector instead, or visa versa.

<< also, why does it take two clicks to edit a sidedef! >>

Uh, it doesn't. Just single left-click on the relevant area on the dialogue box in the bottom left hand corner to edit a specific aspect. It's the same with sectors and things too.

You can change any of the flags, the sector tag, the sector reference, the upper, middle or lower texture, the alignments; about the only thing you can't edit this way is the linedef type.