Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Arioch

DWBS

This morning at approximately 8:40AM EDT, a plane struck one of the World Trade Center buildings, creating a great plume of smoke that can be seen clearly for miles and miles around. Approximately 18-20 minutes later, another plane struck the second World Trade Center building. Both were apparently hijacked planes, and at least one was a passenger airliner carrying over 130 people. Soon thereafter, a third plane crashed into the southwest side of the Pentagon. And now, there are reports of yet another plane which has crashed right outside of Camp David, the presidential retreat (Ed: Apparently that report was a rumor and has now been dispelled.).
Both World Trade Center buildings have now collapsed, spilling dust and debris on the streets of New York for miles around. There are a reported 40,000 (Ed: 50,000, with at least 100,000 who pass through the area each day.) people who work in the buildings.
There are unconfirmed reports of yet another hijacked plane which is in the air and bound for Washington D.C. We'll try to keep posted.
A link to the CNN site for news items associated with the apparent terrorist attacks is provided here, although so far I've been unable to access it.
A working link here to the Daily Herald.
Ed: Five planes in total have crashed, according to news reports. Two hit the World Trade Center buildings, one hit the Pentagon, one crashed outside of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, and another in an apparently as-yet undisclosed location.
Ed: It was apparently four planes. Apologies for the confusion.

Guest Nash

I was happily chatting, for some reason CNN was turned on, then I saw this on the news. I watched all of it... scary heheh. One thing though, kudos to the terrorists for a well-thought plan.

"I watched all of it... scary heheh"

"One thing though, kudos to the terrorists for a well-thought plan."

fuck you.

The site is up and down. Right now that's the ONLY story on the entire site. I believe CNN was located in NYC, all of the websites located there that I know of seem to be offline, so I suppose they've found a backup server somewhere else.

Nash, it's not that hard to coordinate 4 plane crashes at similar times. I mean, I don't know, obviously I've never tried, but really, I'd hardly call it genius. More like the first time any thought's been put into doing more than 1 building at a time.

Guest Nash

just keep watching the tv, there's a lot going on on it

Guest Excalibur_Z

Just woke up and heard the news on the radio. I was still half-asleep so I thought it was just a dream, but then my sister asks "have you heard?" Then it hit me. It's really sad when people don't have the guts to stand up and attack directly, they have to resort to terrorist attacks. Why the fuck do they not realize that America will never buckle under? If they have something to say, they better say it nice and loud for everyone to hear, because this whole ordeal is just disgraceful. You don't just suckerpunch someone like that. There was no way defenses could have went up in time to prevent the disasters. You can tell I'm really pissed about the whole situation... not just about the loss of life (which there was bound to be some) but about the fucking cowardice of the terrorist "martyrs". In my mind, terrorists are the lowest form of life on Earth. What kind of lowlife do you have to be to kill thousands of people that are just doing an honest job, unexpectedly? I'm glad war has been declared on those fools, but how serious can you be against an unseen enemy?

I'm still in shock about the victims. I haven't smiled all day, and I probably won't for the rest of the day at least. I'm so sorry for them. Deepest wishes, thoughts, and prayers to the families and friends of the victims. They should also know that vengeance should not be considered by those who have been directly affected by the tragedy, that feeling is best left to the people whose minds have not been clouded by sadness and mistrust.

Ditto on your last paragraph. Deepest sympathy and condolences to victims, their families, and hell, the rest of the world... everyone will be affected. It's unreal :(

Guest HaKx

Thoughts and prayers are with all of those affected. Still in an entire state of shock and all, with one word "f***" being my main response to it all.

Aw man, people are already abusing this, look at this message I just got on ICQ:

First we must all ask God to bless the victims and families of these horrible events. It is our opinion, as human beings and US Citizens, we should ask the Bush adminstration to firmly retaliate and terminate these groups.
in favor: 1 900 976-6611
Counts will be sent Washington, DC

Call should be considered optional - The prayer mandatory!!

So I called for the vote. What the hell, right? And they had the terrorist setup and stuff, like, cast your vote and all that for what the government should do.

And, it was a dating service in disguise. Listen to and record personal messages and meet people and stuff.

Utterly amazing, I didn't think any place would work THAT fast :P Oh well, another new low has been hit. Carry on.

I suppose this is particularly terrible for the US, which has relatively few bomb attacks and similar compared to other countries, to suddenly have to face one on such a grand scale.

Nash. Up to 50000 people died as two giant towers collapsed. This might lead to something unimaginable. Try to be a little human.

God, i saw the 2 building falling down, live on TV. 2 airplane crash live on tv, and also to the Pentagone....
That is too much terrible.
I don't have others word to said what i think ....
It's too horrible

Guest Nash

I am very sorry for what I said. Let's just say there were some personal issues that sometimes make me blurt out mean comments.

Yes I did see all the footage live on CNN. It was scary and I seriously, from the bottom of my heart, am sorry for all the innocent lives lost. They didn't deserve it.

The terrorists are gonna pay for this... god dammit.

Guest Executor

Osama bin Laden thinks he crushed us. He'll learn that it's his fate that was sealed when he watches as his vile country is leveled to the ground by hordes of U.S. B-52 bombers. That vile beast of a man will die with his fellow terrorists as we show the Arabs what we do to people who try to attack us. LONG DIE BIN LADEN!

Oh yeah, nuke a country to destroy one man. Typical response. If we did that the whole world doesn't deserve to live.

I was driving home from school at around 11:00am. All the music stations I listen to had gone to coverage of the attacks. I was in total shock when I heard multiple buildings had been attacked. It was so surreal to be hearing that the both World Trade Center buildings had been decimated. When I got home I found out my school had been closed. A friend of mine's school has been closed as well. Nash did have a point, it was well planned. Bush was in Florida or some place pushing his education plans, Powell was in Peru and some other top govermental officials were elswhere when the attacks started. My friend's dad works near the WTC, and another friend's neighbor is a stewardess for American Airlines and was to be on the Boston LA flight, which I guess is flight 11. Of course it's impossible to get through to American Airlines.

Guest sLydE

i fortold this occurance approx. 3 hours before it happened. funny how no one thinks i'm psychic

I don't think you can get through to the airlines because they're all closed, hopefully redesigning their security checks.

Guest Nash

BTW "Bin Laden" means you are calling his father's name. His name is Osama hehe. It's the naming convention for muslims. "Bin" means it's a son, and "Binti" means it's a daughter. And other name after the Bin/Binti is their father's name. Their actual name(s) are before the Bin/Binti.

When the word terrorist pops up, we always automatically assume it's a middle eastern country, i.e. ragheads or something, but I have a feeling in the back of my mind that this was closer to home than most people care to think...

They gave out a phone number on the news to get in touch with American Airlines. There's prolly just an overwhelming influx of phone calls right now. (800) 245-0999 BTW, anyone live in NYC? Anyone know anyone that might have been affected by this? 1 and 2 degrees of separation for me. 1 being someone I know and 2 being a friend of someone I know.

Guest Excalibur_Z

If a systematic assassination did take place and Osama Bin Laden was held accountable and erased for his threats, it would at least be a deterrent to Middle Eastern terrorist acts. He would not be a martyr if he died at the hands of his sworn enemies, it would be an Islamic tragedy. An investigation will take place through the FBI, and all the passengers of the involved planes will be tracked through all of their contacts and relations to find who is ultimately responsible.

This also goes to show the clear European support for America, which I can only hope slows Islamic fanaticism. If those terrorist and extremist groups want to declare the U.S. as the Great Satan they are more than welcome, but I'd like to hear them say the same thing to all of Europe.

One thing gets me though... Palestine is fighting a religious war. How can their God promote attacks on innocent people? At least their fight in Israel is justified since it is a crusade, but they have no right to blatantly attack the U.S. All this, assuming Palestinian and Islamic fanatics are responsible.

Guest Nash

You can't predict the things people would do when they go crazy or just can't take anything anymore.

JESUS FUCK

I have never cried to a news story before today.

This is absofuckinglutely the most horrifying act of violence that has occurred in my lifetime... I pray I never see another one 1/5th as terrible.

Now on the news they're showing Palestinians jumping through their streets, cheering, giving out candy.

The plume of smoke, half of it on the tv, makes the statue of liberty 4 pixels tall. Its also reported to be filled with natural gas at this point... and as the buildings came down the wave of smoke threw people like toys.

If you look at the buildings they keep playing you can see people being forced out windows from the fire... and I swear that from the second plane crash I can see people coming from out of the wreckage.

The last people that did this kind of shit to us got shot in the face a few hundred times.

We ought to take the fuckers responsible, beat them with chains, cut them apart, piss on their wounds, set them on fire and cut of their heads before they die.

50,000 people were working in those buildings. They get 100,000 visitors a DAY.

Some buildings next to them are now on the verge of collapse from the flying debris.

What in the name of Christ did this possibly accomplish?

Muslims slaughter Jews in the middle east. We step in. Muslims start bombing us.

We should leave nothing but a smoking crater where these fuckers stand.

What in the hell good has this done?

Allah is supposed to be a good and all loving god like Jesus... why do people keep bastardizing their religions as an EXCUSE to do this kind of idiotic shit?

I was chatting with Dima about it... he was somewhat afraid that we were going to nuke the whole middle east in vengeance.

Actually, one of my 2 best friends lives _very_ near this whole thing. I can only hope she was at school at the time. There's nothing to do now but pray to a cyberdemon, though, because I doubt email is going to be anyone's top priority for a while in the middle of that shit.

I do belive in God, but I never have prayed, before now. I hope we find those motherfuckers that did this and do everything and more than deadnail stated.