Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
pritch

#dw

I've registered a channel, #dw, on IRC. This is a place where you can talk about Doomworld, the forums or anything. The idea is to keep annoying forum business like bannings out of #zdoom etc. You can express what opinions you like, argue, fight, brawl, I don't care, just please don't act like a feckless moron and spam the channel or gay the channel up when I'm not there.

I'll add ops (though I don't want it strongly moderated) if it takes off, I know that it may well not, but I don't care. I'm interested in feedback about Doomy things and DW.

Fucker/Hater said:

What server is it on?

irc.openprojects.net

You mind telling us what that means?

!op means GIVE ME OPS which is like a moderator but on IRC not a forum.

Ralphis said:

I enjoy IRC because i get to kick bbg around on it

I don't take your shit, I just make you think I do.

Pritch, if you registered the channel, why don't you have ops?

Archvile64 said:

Pritch, if you registered the channel, why don't you have ops?

Uh, I do if I want to. There's no point in opping myself if there are other ops in there or if it's not needed and it's not taken off yet anyway. I gave you and Liam access level 10 btw, so you should be able to op yourselves in an emergency.

Good luck. There's been loads[1] of attempts to create a public doom channel to chat in that pretty much failed, from the official doomworld channel to the doom spin-offs etc. Still best of luck.

[1] I would say 'tens' as in 'thousands', 'hundreds', etc. but it just doesn't sound as good.

[quote]Good luck. There's been loads[1] of attempts to create a public doom channel to chat in that pretty much failed, from the official doomworld channel to the doom spin-offs etc. Still best of luck.

[1] I would say 'tens' as in 'thousands', 'hundreds', etc. but it just doesn't sound as good.[quote]
#unidoom - Only surviving #doomroom spinoff :P

#dw seems to be doing ok, I've seen it get busier than #zdoom before. It's a cool place, I'm in there as much as in any other room (which is most of the day =\ )

[QUOTE]Ralphis said:
[quote]Good luck. There's been loads[1] of attempts to create a public doom channel to chat in that pretty much failed, from the official doomworld channel to the doom spin-offs etc. Still best of luck.

[1] I would say 'tens' as in 'thousands', 'hundreds', etc. but it just doesn't sound as good.

there's #doomino.

bigbadgangsta said:

Hey Disorder, get on IRC and like um...talk.

I would, if I knew how mIRC worked. I have it installed, please help, SOS..

Disorder said:

I would, if I knew how mIRC worked. I have it installed, please help, SOS..

open mIRC, set up things like your nick name, e-mail, real name and alternate nickname, then type /server irc.openprojects.net then /join #zdoom then /join #dw. Then you want to register your nickname, type /msg nickserv register *password goes here*. When you sign on the server you have to "identify" (after you have registered your nickname) you type /msg nickserv identify *password*. If you get disconnected and your old nickname is still connected you type /msg nickserv ghost *nick* *password*. If somebody steals your nick you type /msg chanserv recover *nick* *password* then /msg nickserv release *nick* *password*. Ops (Operators) are the controllers of the channel, they can kick you (you can rejoin the channel, consider a kick a warning). They can ban you, which means you cannot join until they unban you, they can set +q on you which means you cannot talk. They can also set various channel modes. The most important are +m which means nobody can talk except for ops and people with +v (voice). +c means that you cannot use colours.

[QUOTE]Ralphis said:

Oops, forgot to close your quote there Ralph.
I never have been on IRC before. What's it like?

Better than AOL chats, because troublemakers can be taken out. You really should try it.