• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Julian

3D Deathmatching

Guest MR_ROCKET

where at ? what area ?

and it can be ran in software mode aswell , if you gonna run it in software mode run it in 240x300 .. still looks and runs best in GLIDE or GL though..

and thanks mystic.. :)

Guest MR_ROCKET

if your talking about the silver1 texture , i wanted it like that , i had them aligned , but it didnt look right ? for some reson the silver looked better mis-aligned..

Well. that was one of them.. why didn't you align the surrounding silver textures to fit with it then?

I didn't look very close but i don't think I saw any aligned textures.. Like that ribcage texture that was scrolling.

Guest MR_ROCKET

well , how would you go about doing this , with out adding more to the map.. in my eyes the map is done , game play is the importent factor here "fun".. no one will worry about a little bit of texture alignment , its a DM map not a texture map..

Guest MR_ROCKET

if i add anymore to the map its gonna slow things down.. , you should know that better than anybody Ebola..

Guest MR_ROCKET

i see mis-aligned textures in just about every map..what do you guys uselly use to align the textures ?..

I see you say in your .txt file that you use Deepsea.

It's incredibly easy to align textures in that, just look up "alignment" in the help or something :)

Guest MR_ROCKET

ok , thanks man :)
we'll see about an update for PLEXYDOME in the future.. :)

For just aligning to other textures I use the built in alignment tool in deth. but for smart alignment, I do it myself.

Guest MR_ROCKET

a way i used to align them was to frame them in with new sectors.. is this a no no ? lol

Guest MR_ROCKET

ofcourse , this was not the case when making q3 levels. Gtk radiant would let you nudg left ,right or up or down.. wish wad author had that feture ,oh well.. and damn iv already started on a new map..:)

we'll just see if i get around to updateing plexydome.. - i doubt the most people would even notice , mainly just map makers lol..

Guest MR_ROCKET

you got to admit this is a bit of an off the wall or "abstract" type of wad for a DM .. the silver texture is the only one that really seems off , but i had them aligned and didnt think it looked right so i changed it back.. i'll probbly go with a flat , untiled sort of texture when updateing ..

maybe just merg it with my next map.. :)

I like it the way it is, I honestly thought you left those textures like that on purpose, it has a really nice 'trippy' look and feel to it, a good place to die. Ive still to find a way to kill those lost souls.