Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Julian

Hellish Heart Beats

The Hellcore site has been updated with good news about a new team polishing/re-vamping this 7 year old project. The team still needs hands, mainly level designers, don't hesitate to contact Fusion if you can help.

Guest pablodictter

"...polishing/re-vamping this 7 year old project.."

wow, i never knew that a project could take this long...

Guest EvilFuse

Well, up until a few months ago, the project was only 2 people. I tried to get people to help way back, even before Doomworld, but I didn't receive a lot of feedback or interest. I archived the old site at [URL]http://cdg.hotcut.com/Hellcore/ancient/Index.htm.[/url] Anyway, Hellcore has basically sat dormant on my HD the last few years, with some occasional work being put in every now and then.

Oh and there's a correction here..
The project began in 1995 so it's actually 6 and a bit years old, not 7.

Guest j00 equals ded

couldnt be e4m1 since ultimate doom came out in 1995

Guest pablodictter

man, you must really be updating those old maps. = )
You should include on the txt a background story of how everything started and things like that, that would be nice.

Guest pablodictter

wait, never mind.
I just realized that the "history" page on the project site is not the story like i though (I never read project story's)...

"wow, i never knew that a project could take this long..."

Heh, that's why you've never seen or heard of any of my Doom1/Doom2 megawads :P

I dont want all my work going to waste cuz next to no-one dont want to help us out.

I'm in the graphics dept b4 you ask and know next to nothing on making map's for Doom (only make maps for Warcraft 2, Starcraft and Unreal 1/Unreal Tournament).

So come on, need some ppl to do a bit of decoration and perhaps even replace levels. NOW GET TO IT.

Guest EvilFuse

Actually, i haven't started re-working any of the maps yet.. The screenshots on the page are all several years old, when they were created, they were very high quality for the time though.

The screenshot in the news is a map that i started in 1998 and never touched since.. that is, until yesterday. ;)