Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Julian

GBA Doom In A Departure Lounge

In his latest .plan, Todd Hollenshead, from id software, shared his experience with GBA DOOM:

Also, a quick brag that while I was on trip week before last, Adrian Carmack and Imanaged to play the first GBA DOOM deathmatch at DFW Airport and also on the planewith what was a final build of the game (which is now off to manufacturing).

I think the flight attendants were a bit aggravated by the link cable being run across the isle but it was tons 'o fun.

This clearly means GBA DOOM will be released shortly. Thanks go to Wilf for having pointed this out.

No offense, but I often find people who own Gameboys to be complete jerks. Maybe it was just my own experiences through late Elementary School and Junior-High, but if I asked to use their Gameboy, much less dare to even touch it, they became vicious and violent and lashed out at me; especially during the Pokemon craze. ::shudders::

I hope GBA will fan out to a wee bit more mature audiences... Anyone remember Duck-Hunt?

Yeah Duck hunt is cool, but Safari Hunt for the Master system was better. anyway...

I own all four versions the gameboy, and I can Im not a jerk. At least my friends don't say that i am. Do I come off as a jerk?

sgtcrispy.

so you own all 4 of the gameboys huh? lets see that covers the original, pocket, color and advance. oh wait you forgot the game boy light. how silly of you.

I have an original Game Boy. I'm selling it. Does that mean I'm no longer a jerk?

BTW, anyone want an original Game Boy? (good condition, 10 games, bunch of accessories... send me e-mail.)

I still have Duck Hunt, too... those were the days of real console gaming.

I've known about its release since before the screenshots became available!

First I heard Oct. 30, then Sept. 26 more or less, and now I hear sometime in Nov. Either way, I'm still getting it!

For once... I have to agree with Wavelength. When Gameboy first came out people would cut my throat if I touched there damn precious gameboy. I honestly thought they were stupid and I still think they are. I will never embrace them because they have or never will be important to me... I'd rather take a portable computer with me and play Doom and it's latest ports.

Guest j00 equals ded

When you sell your Gameboy you are no longer termed a 'jerk'.

the game boy light was just a game boy pocket with a backlight. it was never realeased in america so good luck finding one. this just makes me mad cuz nintendo make a gameboy pocket with a backlight but the gameboy color/advance doesnt have one still.

Guest mikeo007

Don't forget about the very sad Virtual Boy. And in Nintendo Power magazine that I read at work tonight, it says something like "The carnage will begin this october" in a preview. Those weren't the exact words, but that's the jist of it.

I got one, I got one! ahem...

two games, tennis, and red alarm.

spiffy, if not flawed...

* SgtCrispy laughs uncontrollably

God I loved the Virtual Boy. That thing kicked a whole monster load of ass, I just wish that it would've survived. =(

I owned an original gameboy, sold it before I moved.

I own a gameboy pocket, gameboy color, and a gameboy advanced.

I'M A JERK AND PROUD OF IT

Guest LostShrapnel

Well I'd let all of you weirdo's who come over to me when I'm playing my GBA play it, well, if you all didn't look like weirdo's asking me if you could play my Game Boy out of nowhere for no reason.

heh.. So, I guess that does make me somewhat of a jerk. But atleast I'm a jerk with a Gameboy. Try playing Doom on a Portable Laptop while your taking a bus or waiting in line at the airport. heh heh.

>>I'd rather take a portable computer with me and play Doom and it's latest ports.

But do you love computer games (GBA has some fine titles in development) or just Doom?? I can't believe you are THAT narrow minded!

Guest sponge

I thought I was the only one who -liked- the virtual boy. I have an unholy addiction to Mario Tennis.

At Amazon.co.uk they're STILL BEING SOLD.

NEW.

NEVER OPENED.

WELL MAYBE IF IT HAD BEEN RETURNED (MOST UNLIKELY)

just £36.

Do enjoy.

I thought they should be giving US money to take the things myself.

Forget the Game Gear? Never!!

I used to sneak in my older brothers room and play his GG all the time. G-Loc, Psychic World and Columns.

Ah those were the days...

Guest Striker

I have had gameboys....

I remember playing somoene asked if they could use it I said ok.

I watched as the said person accidentally erased my save on a battery backed game. I looked surprised and slightly pale.

"Are you alright."

"I think you just erased my save."

"ACK Oh I'm so sorry i didn't mean to do it do you want it back."

"Uhhhhhh You may as well keep playing. I was intending on starting over anyway....."

I didn't take that bugger to school agian.