Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Arioch

ZDoom 1.23B28

Randy Heit has updated the ZDoom site with the release of what is meant to be the penultimate beta to ZDoom 1.23, which brings the beta release number up to a whopping 28. This new version has full(er) support for various decals including blood splats and marks left by missile explosions. Check out the ZDoom page for more details and a download link.

Great........now if only I didn't keep getting that "Error: Web site not responding (502 connection failed)" message!!!!!!!!

I think Randy's getting screwed over. Checking both zdoom.notgod.com and notgod.com, they appear to be the same IP address, yet zdoom-dot is significantly slower than just plain notgod-dot.

I think he should move hosting. :|

No doubt about it... i had to wait for 5 minutes once to load the HTML for one page. No, that did not include any graphics :(

Guest Nash

FINALLY... I've been WAITING for this release for a looooooong time. Randy is belong you all !

Thanks to Arioch I got the 1.23b28

But, um...it it just my computer or does ZDoom lock up your system when you try to run it?

heh, the new zdoom beta is better than any others (as it should). the new decals and blod splats are really nice. go on Randy, i wait for the final version of zdoom 1.23!!!

I have not had a chance to try it yet, since I only found out about it after I woke up, and had only scant few minutes to attempt to download it before I went to work. I managed to get it mirrored (thanks to Hirogen2) while at work but understandably have no opportunity to test it out.

That being said, initial comments are favorable. :)

Guest Nash

It's waaaaay better than beta 25. It's THE beta to use while we wait for a final version of 1.23 heh.

The BFG wall effect is pretty neat. The plasma rifle wall effect could use a little work (imo). Looks a tad cheesy. It would also be nice if the chainsaw made one continuous line rather than bullet holes. I also suffer from some slowdown when I get near a wall distortion from the BFG or RL, but the computer I'm using is shit (*cough*200mhz*cough*) and I'm sure it's at fault, so no big deal. Nice work, Randy.

Thanks for giving out the mirrors.

I wounder if the decals could go of the floor and ceilings as well. That would be great. BFG effect is wdk, but the plasma could be nicer. Bloody nice Randy

Well for me the damn mouse still doesn't work, plus it still locks up solid when I alt-tab out.

Not to mention the decals are missing except for the bullet holes, and IDKFA or IDFA gives me ammo, weapons, and keys but I can't select them until I actually pick them up in the map somewhere.

Anyone else having these problems?

I'm not bashing ZDoom or anything, I love it, but this is really tweaking my peter!

Guest UAC PR Dept.

This has already been taken care of. Doesn't anybody go to the ZDoom Phorum? In the bugs section, Randy explains why it will not be corrected and that you must (in the console) "summon [item]"

Too bad if you don't know the name of the item...

SgtCrispy: See the bugs section of the phorum for information on how to fix your mouse problem. It has probably already been posted.

Are you sure you are running the beta 28 exe?

I know it sounds obvious, but these bugs were fixed in beta 26, and also seem fine to me with beta 28.

Have a double check, the beta 28 Zip I just Dl'ed (Thanks Arioch and Hirogen2) unzips into a subdirectory called zdoom-v1.23b28.

If you are using an old shortcut or something, you will still be running the old ver.

If this is the problem, just move the files from the "zdoom-v1.23b28" sub directory that winzip will have automatically created into your main zdoom directory, over writing beta 25, and all should be well.

Okay. I installed it into my ZDoom directory right on top of the previous beta. It runs fine without my deleting the old ini.

I love the new decals... especially the way the BFG spooge scorches the area and fades away from an impact. The plasma rifle decals are cool enough, I think, but if people wanted to they could do graphics for them and send them to Randy in hopes that he uses them. =)

The blood decals are nice too... for a start. Okay so I'd like to see some Blood style blood dripping down that wall. Sue me, like you don't. ^_^

All of them are sure as hell better than what Legacy is offering, however, what Legacy has over ZDoom in terms of decals is that Legacy's can affect ceilings and floors too. All in due time I suppose.

There is one bug that creeped into b25 that I hoped would've been squashed by now but sadly it isn't. I've made a ton of right-click options for all my .wad files... and since b25 ZDoom has not been responding to these very well at all. Has he changed anything that I don't know about that makes me need to change my configuration or is this a strange bug?

Damn, I'm bad with run on sentences today. Anyway good work Randy! ZDoom 0wnz.

Guest Nash

Deadnail:

Blood-style blood splats (ones that stick on the walls first then slowly ooze down) are already supported in beta 28. You need to make your own copy of the DECALDEF lump and make some edits.

You can look at this thread for complete information:

http://www.notgod.com/phorum/read.php?f=12&i=1309&t=1309

Blood smears rule! Heheh...