Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Julian

Vindictive Update

The Alien Vendetta site has been updated with some news about progress on this upcomming 32 level megawad for vanilla DOOM2. The update mostly deals with levels that have been polished, re-worked or re-made, and ends up with a to-do list.

Guest gems

this is kinda 'big'... hasnt it been like over a year since a megawad was released

Guest Captain Napalm

I strong defender of so called "Vanilla Doom" Move that it be instead named "Super Deluxe Nougat Choclate Doom", as "Vanilla Doom" implies that it is boring and dull, which it is not and no it isnĀ“t duller when compared to ZDoom etc. And how come everyone makes levels for Doom 2 nowadays? For every 5 Doom 2 wads that comes out it seems we get one Doom 1 wad.

1. Vanilla is for everyone.. I hate nougat.

2. Why make maps for Doom1 unless you're making a 9 level episode? Only thing you loose out on when making maps for Doom2 over doom1 is some computer textures...

* Fish hits Ebola over head

Uhm, and how did we forget DE2 was released last summer? There have been other megawads released; just none of notable quality.

And there was Doom_Dude's vilecore, sometime last year.

Which was pretty admirable, given that it was done by one guy.

Yeah I played that.. Not very admiarable IMO. Plutonia is admiarable. 4 months, 2 persons.. High quality maps..

I make doom2 wads as opposed to original doom because:

1. I don't own doom, but I own doom 2
2. Doom 2 has more textures
3. Doom 2 has more enemies to choose from (let's face it. The best levels have hell knights and heavy weapon dudes)
4. From a TC perspective, I don't want to spend all that time changing around those stupid "You are here" maps
5. A bigger target market. Just about everyone who has doom also has doom 2.
6. There are a couple of extra line triggers.
7. Let's not forget the super shotgun.
8. What does doom have that doom2 doesn't?

As far as I know the answer to the last question is a couple of textures and better maps (which you'll be replacing anyway)