Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fodders

Going slow?

Is it me, or has this forum become very slow in the postings department? Hiatus of opinions, or are posts being deleted?

Non-Doom related posts used to outnumber Doom related posts here by about 10 to 1 before the changes. So a lot of this forum's traffic has moved over to the "Everything Else" forum.

Also, with Doom editing questions/discussions going to the editing forum and talk about addons and such going to the wads and mods forum and deathmatch stuff being posted in the multiplayer forum there really isn't much left.

fodders said:

Is it me, or has this forum become very slow in the postings department? Hiatus of opinions, or are posts being deleted?

Could be a combination of things.People on holiday, people banned, people afraid of being banned, Rome.ro forums seem to have drawn a fair number of people...posts being deleted...hmmm?

Well, I haven't deleted any posts yet. I've moved like two to Post Hell so far, and moved a bunch.

Stick a cracker under some butts, post Ling is taking up flower arranging, don't tell them I told you.

fodders said:

Don't start answering every thread to bump it :)

Who? Me? I would never do anything like that ;)

heh, firstly people are afraid of getting banned, and secondly almost everyone is a mod so it would be politically incorrect for them to spam.

Welcome to DW the police state!

Lament said:

heh, firstly people are afraid of getting banned, and secondly almost everyone is a mod so it would be politically incorrect for them to spam.

Welcome to DW the police state!

You're not saluting me.

Maybe it'll just take a while for all the negative energy to dissipate. We should all wear some fruity crystals around our necks and send positive thoughts towards the DW server....

Sure they were stupid, but the spamming and stupid people did keep things interesting. *sigh* if only there was such a thing as "good spamming"

LordTrasher said:

Is it just me, or has the Everything Else forum vanished?

It has turned into Rants & Raves.

forum splitting, it actually makes things LESS efficient, because we wont all see the same threads.

and the ban-happy mods... all 10 or so of them

Xian said:

and the ban-happy mods... all 10 or so of them

Maybe we're not ban-happy, it is just that people act like idiots and get themselves banned.

bigbadgangsta said:

Maybe we're not ban-happy, it is just that people act like idiots and get themselves banned.

I'd say ban-happy

I was wondering, what exactly would go into the General forum that wouldn't be suited to the Rants&Raves forum(and vice versa)?

I mean I don't really see the point of splitting it in two: most General posts in the old days were rants anyway, and now that there's a specific forum for this, what's left for General?

Heh! Just noticed my title. And yes, I thought very carefully about this post, which is why I won't even go into the whole banning thing... ;-)