Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ShapeShifter

What's your favorite Episode?

I am going to have to say episode 1:Knee Deep in the dead although I would have changed those lush beutiful mountains from China for the original rocky mountains displayed in the alpha or beta.

I really don't have a favorite, I guess E1 for nostalgic purposes. And E2 and E3 definitely come before E4 for me.

GNO!! WHY AGAIN WITH THE QUESTIONS AND wait a sec, this isnt even a poll...
anyway E1

E1 is probably the most balanced out of all the Episodes, and that's the reason I like it above all the others.
However, E2 is in a close second. When I first played it, the disturbing visuals and atmosphere of being in a base almost totally corrupted by Hellspawn overwhelmed me....consequently I still have nightmares about it, as well.

E1: Is Great.
E2: Is Great.
E3: Is Great.
E4: Is Bad.

I can't say which is my favorite. It's all good. (except E4.)

Tough question.

E1 - Nice architecture in places, overall feel of a base complex.
E2 - More suspenseful than the first, with new enemies, but lacks some of the E1 charm.
E3 - The brilliant Hell levels allow this one to stand out, unfortunatly it's plagued with some sloppy texturing.
E4 - Great architecture and atmosphere, but the themes are a tad repetetive.

Bleh. I dunno.

It's tough. Cybie's thrown about the place in an infuriatingly difficult manner. Lanky ledges surrounded by lava. Nice stuff.

the_Danarchist said:

No, I really liked it.

Well. It looked good. Best architecture of all doom episodes, but it was just too dull and repetitive after 2 levels. The gameplay was on an average and there was no new music at all (A REALLY big letdown).

A tie between eps 1 and 3. Ep 4 kind of annoyed me at first, but I learned to like it.

sniper joe said:

e1:^ ^
e2:^ ^
e3:o o
e4:- -
dont know why i said it like that...

and in normal language?

Tie between Episode 3 and 2 but 3 is ahead a little cause Hell Keep is GREAT The atmosphere and the music was just brilliant.

Episode 1. Not only for nostalgia value, but also because imo it's the only episode that has realtively consistent themes within a level. Episode 2 couldn't seem to decide where the hell it took place. Episode 3 and 4, while they were pretty consistent, suffered from some pretty poorly designed maps.