Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Arioch

Eternity TC Progress

Quasar has updated the Eternity TC page with a new progress report on the major features expected to be in the next engine beta release. Significant progress has been made, and one thing that has been finished is a particle system. Quasar writes that he will be releasing an in-development beta, mostly so people can try out the particle code, and should be releasing the file sometime within the next couple of days, although the actual release date for what might be called beta5 is a bit further off.

oh boy! we get to try out a particle system!

I'm gonna email quasar and tell him how awesome this is right away!

Seriously now...

Guest gems

why is it called a tc when its not?

Guest gems

like batman doom? if not its not a tc...

ebola
by the way do u ever check your mail? or why havent u still responded to my last mail? i had to tell u i sent a mail through a post last time too..sup?

NightFang: I never said the particles were revolutionary, I just think they're neat, and Eternity is now the only non-zdoom-based port to have them that I'm aware of.

gems: Whether Eternity TC is a TC or not is up to some debate I suppose, since it still makes use of DOOM themes and enemies, however, I think it is certainly greater in scope than most PCs, having its own source port, totally new enemies, etc.

I'm just saying it seems like your releasing every small step that Eternity makes in the TC & the engine for us to "wow" over.

It really wont be worth downloading cause we know what already whats going to be in there. Cause you've told us and ruined the element of "suprise"

The Eternity Engine is meant to stand alone as its own project, some people have not yet realized that. Eternity TC will be "wow" because of how it will make use of all these features, not because its engine simply has them. None of the plot twists or actual dialogue, for instance, of the TC have been revealed on my site. No one has seen the Ankh of Demon's Bane in action. Etc, etc, etc. So in short, whatever, dude.

I'm simply telling you, although its way too late now. If you want your project to be huge, say nothing about it until it is at least 85% fully complete. Then release it and blow everyone away!

Everyone's first reaction is to show off every new thing they've done right away. And if you wanna be successful, you must resist this!

But like I said, too late for you on this.

Guest Matt

Oh, so you think Randy should have just sat on ZDoom until he got ALL the features finished, then, when we thought ZDoom was dead (Christmas 2001), he should have released v1.23?

Eternity, keeping what little it has kept in the bag, still has extreme trouble getting and keeping any talent on the team. We've never had a dedicated sprite artist, not once, and you can't say its because expectations are too high -- they're not. I've made many invitations, explained that no one person is expected to do anything more than they want, and that we'll accept work even if its not Kevin-Cloud-quality stuff (as long as its acceptable). Still no one is interested. So, if no one even knew that Eternity existed for the last four years, you intend to tell me that people would be more interested?

Your system would only work if I was the only one working on it, my friend. But one man cannot produce something the of the scope of Eternity TC. Its simply not possible.