Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Arioch

Sirius Coalition

X-Blade, one-time coordinator of the Doom 3057 project which has since merged with TRTCC to become RTC-3057, has issued a statement that he has come out of retirement. He is currently working on a 6-level project entitled Sirius, which will use the new features of ZDoom 1.23. The page for the new project can be found here.

Guest Mizzory

If I remember right, I heard Dehacked isn't supported by zdoom very well and Randy won't do anything about it. Except "Doomscript" which is supposed to be something like DDF and Dehacked but much more. Well I don't know that much about it, I just heard something like that from the zdoom forums.

But I could be wrong though.

We got this scool for retards in my town.. It's called... Sirius- >:D

Mizzory: Yeah zDoom isn't great for Dehacked.. But Skulltag is worse. :p
I heard something about Randy adding a toned down version of unrealscript or something. Wich apparently was gonna make it more editable than DDF.. But I'm not to up to date with zDoom so I'm not sure.

I'm personally upset by that development. A while back, I had created a wad containing MP3s to play in Ghostbusters Doom, but now Ghostbusters Doom won't work in Zdoom anymore, and I really miss loading up those MP3s of different songs from Ghostbusters. I wish he would just fix the stupid dehacked problem, and I don't see why he doesn't plan to.

Guest Ike654

ZDoom supports mp3's?

I have a dehacked/BEX lump here with 4323 lines that Zdoom 1.23 supports flawlessly, including using I.D. swapping to mess with a couple of the Stealth monsters. It also has things that some other ports don't support too well (eg palette shifting). Weapons, sounds, frames, and all kinds of other objects are hacked, and often pretty extensively so.

During the course of developing ver 1.23 Randy has actually put a lot of work into getting good support for dehacked patches. A few problems have reared their head along the way, and he has put in the time needed to fixed them. He has also added additional code pointers that no other port has, and has extended sound support so you can define your own sounds (in SNDINFO) and then use them in your DEHACKED patch. No more being limited to the doom sound entries.

One issue that can cause problems with a lot of source ports support of dehacked is sprite renaming. If "Ghost Busters Doom" has that (and I can't remember if it does) that may be where the problem comes from.

Doomscript, should be a lot more powerful than dehacked, when it comes along. There was talk about the possibility of a dehacked to doomscript converter on the Zdoom forums, but that was just people speculating/wishing. Randy has never (to my knowledge) said any such thing will be done, or even if it would be possible.

Of course, Randy still has to get Zdoom 1.23 final done. My reading of his news on the Zdoom site is that he will not be working on the scripting language until version 1.24. That will, of course, require him to have a working monitor so he can actually see what he is doing. Damn, someone give the guy a monitor.

But for now, from my experience Zdoom 1.23 has very good support of dehacked patches.

Guest j00 equals ded

I would rather have the awesome music from Doom in the background than either someone's sub-par work or something stolen from an author.

I can't play music in Doom for some reason, and if I wanted to play music, I would load up my Winamp list and paly off of that.

Anyhow.

Am I the only one that is not interested in ZDoom in any way, shape or form?

::Go get' em...::

::I don't like Z-Doom either, it has too many fucken problems to deal with now a'days so I just stick with J-Doom.::

Guest j00 equals ded

JDoom is the best. Looks 10 times better and doesn't have a lot of useless options.

Virtually all DeHackEd stuff works in the latest versions of ZDoom. Pretty much the only thing that doesn't is replaced text (level names, end of episode text, etc) but you can re-do that in MAPINFO anyway.

I think even sprite renaming works now, although I haven't checked.

Guest UAC PR Dept.

To avoid using MAPINFO:
When it fails to work in DEH, try using the BEX equivalent instead, since ZDoom was based on Boom in the first place.