Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Arioch

PRBoom 2.2.2

PRBoom 2.2.2 has been released over at the PRBoom Project SourceForge page. This newest version of PRBoom offers mostly bugfixes.

• more demo sync problems for original Doom and Boom fixed
  • added changeable samplerate for soundmixing
  • added fullscreen/window toggle in option menu
  • added double buffering
  • floor rendering made more accurate
  • Win32 config file handling fixed
  • fix endian conversion problem on Linux/PPC
The download page can be found here. PRBoom 2.2.2 is available in i386 RPM, win32, and source formats.

That win32 config file handling has been a thorn in my side for a while now. It's fixed though, horray! :)

i had kinda stopped using prboom cause of that vsynch problem that is now gone, plus i fould a balance between vertical and horizontal mouse sensitivity that's pretty much like the ones i have for doom and boom, so.. kudos to the team

I can't remember if this was an issue with previous versions or not, but I'm getting no music with this one. (Sounds are fine.)

Guest Pirx

thanks for the demo fix, i like watching doom demos (compet-n &other) in glboom, or in prboom at high res. prboom is the most demo-compatible port by far, but it still happened that demos got out of sync. let's see now.

The demo sync in 2.2.2 should be rock solid. I want to hear about any demos that don't work (from supported engines). A lot of work has gone into this.

That's not to say I don't know any demos that don't work, but I can now count them on a blind butcher's hand.

Guest j00 equals ded

i stopped using prboom about 3 years ago after using it for 10 mintues cause it looked like dog shit

According to the TeamTNT site, Boom 2.02 was released on October 22, 1998 and PRBoom 2.02 was released in November of that year. So yes, indeed, a PRBoom did exist in 1998.

However, this particular PRBoom, which is actually based on Colin Phipp's LxDoom with PRBoom code ported into it, has only been around since May of 2000.

Guest j00 equals ded

im not in the wrong game, i just want something that doesnt look like ass...

who cares what you want, but, appart from that, you're the one judging something you haven't seen, as, according to your own post, you tried prboom 2.02, and know nothing about prboom 2.*.*

aside from that, yes, we all know youre in the trolling game.. i do suggest some practice, though

Guest j00 equals ded

perhaps, though, if you knew how to read well, or if you knew the least bit about me, you wouldnt post such things.

if you didnt care what i want, you wouldnt post.

dumbass

Guest Jim Jacob MacPla

Doo doo doo

Yes. Anyway go play 2.2.2 you monkey.

And, good work everyone. Round of applause.

Quick tip: you can set freedoom.wad to be automatically loaded with every game in the options menus (so you don't always -file it).

Guest j00 equals ded

"Anyway go play 2.2.2 you monkey."

hehe, ok ok. well said.