Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
darknation

Retarded Quake 2

It installed fine on this machine before I reformated... no, I have no changed OS.

Only thing I can think of is my keyboard is retarded now also... the " is where the @ and there are a few other differences.

So have I set up my system wrong somewhere, and how can I fix it?

Kudos in advance.

Very wierd, because I've got the English version of Quake 2 on a Spanish version of windows and it doesn't give me any problems.

The only thing I can think of is if you somehow have your Keyboard setup for a language like Russian or Chinese or something that uses a different alphabet. And I doubt that's the case :-)

IS THE TITLE OF THIS THREAD "ASTHETIC QUALITIES OF DARKNATION'S DESKTOP?"

heh.

I know it sucks, but so does windows 98. I figure why polish the turd?

darknation said:

I know it sucks, but so does windows 98. I figure why polish the turd?

ROFLMAO!

Anyway, back on topic. I assume you tried to re-install quake 2 after rebooting(just in case). Have you made sure that the codepage crap in config.sys is OK?

If that isn't it then I'm all out of ideas. You may just have to "FORMAT C:"

Go to your control panel, and regional settings. then ckick on the regional settings tab. it should come up with a map of the world. just above it there is a menu, make sure you have it set to:
english (Australian) if your in Australia or english (Canadian)if your in Canadia ect.

This is the message I get just after I insert the CD and press the 'install' button on the green strogg screen that comes up next.
Sorry, shoudl fo said that to begin with.

Yeah, Win XP did this too me when I got it and my new PC. I tried to install and it came up with the same shit.

I was screwing around with the control panel and I found out how to change it. So yeah.

Quake 2 is the only game I've encountered that goes anal with the regional settings. Totally unnecessary if you ask me.

Liam the Bard said:

Yer colorscheme sucks

I kind of like it. It looks like a sunset...or something.

Shaviro said:

I kind of like it. It looks like a sunset...or something.

Shouldn't a sunset have 'warm' colors in it and not 'cool' colors that are in the color scheme? I forgot the proper name of them, it's been a while since I studied for art finals.

It took me a good hour or two to figure out how to change the keyboard properties in WinXP. And I needed laments help too, constantly sending him screenshots of all those differen't menu's. I found the location for such an important property to be way too 'hidden'. Then again maybe I was just an exception and it was obvious to other people.

Spot on! Problem solved!

Dammit! Don't you see what you've done??!?!? We could've kept this poor crazy scottish bastard from ruining his life on a gay game but instead you've helped him just throw it all away. The horror! The horror!

Kidding. :p

P.S. The rocket bitch has nice boobs for an inanimate collection of ones and zeros.