Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Arioch

Chex Quest 3 Beta

Guest j00 equals ded

i remember chex quest a long time ago, it came wiht some cereal.

it was easy, but was a really cool wad.

Yeah, I played it a while ago and quit it, and then I discovered source ports and tried ZDoom and Legacy in it and they both worked. JDoom even worked until you started shooting.

Chex Quest 2 sucked in my opinion. The first one was good.

Guest Excalibur_Z

A friend of mine used to come over to my house and we'd play and edit levels in Doom. Then one day he said he got this new game from his dad called Chex Quest. Well, he wasn't allowed to have Doom on his system at the time (his parents forbade him). I had already played Chex Quest but I went over to his house to see what he thought of it. I said "so your parents have nothing against Doom now huh?" and he said "hahaha this is Chex Quest!" and I said in a low voice "uh, you know that's using the Doom engine right?" and he was just awestruck. He kept on playing but at a slower pace, like he might be caught playing something he shouldn't ;) His parents never figured it out though =P not like they would care... they probably didn't like the violence of Doom but were indifferent toward its addictive qualities =)

Guest Matt

The second one is better than the first, if only because it does a decent job of pulling off a coherent set of levels. :-)

I got banned for downloading more than 1 file at the time.. So I only got check quest 2 and 3 and no chex quest 1 so I can't play any of them atm..

is the underdogs one of the best site around? Yes.

I think all people would benefit reading The Scratchware Manifesto on that site. It truly sums up what us veteran players always say. Although I beleave games made as hobbies for fun should be free. It is greedy otherwise.

Not just Hacx. I swear I heard a pitch modified metroid sound from super metroid. And the plasma rifle replacement graphics in part 3 are from STRAIN.