Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Arioch

Pablo Dictter Updates

Pablo Dictter has updated his site with some ramblings on what he's been up to lately, including a pre-announcement of a new project he's working on, as well as a progress report on Ninth Gate, which is going slowly due to real life commitments of the team members.

Can people stop saying "Real Life" when referring to not having enough time to do
doom. It is truly sad when people try and convince others on the net that they are an
important member of the social society.
Geeks are still geeks in "Real Life".

Why? You don't have to be an important person to have a real life. Most people around here do have one. And it's not like everybody have time to work on their Doom projects every hour. There are periods when school or work requires your full engagement. And Doom shouldn't actually come in the first hand.

I don't see what's wrong about saying "in real life". There is obviously a difference between "real life" and "non real life", as if it's not real life that keeps you away from working, it's probably the fact that you are either uninspired or have work with other projects up your ass to finish. "Real life" means that you would work with the project if you had a chance, but you're out of time because things that have higher priority must come first.

These two restrictions to your activity are of different nature, and there is obviously a reason why you could declare which of them is restricting you. I wouldn't consider "real life" a lame excuse or something like that.

Guest pablodictter

i like saying real life.
sounds cool

I got a real life.. It consists of playing music driving wreckless and drinking far to much.. I love it.

There is a difference between 'real life' and a 'social life'. I don't think Pablo is trying to convince you that he is some super-important person in the social scene.

Geeks have friends too...(btw, not saying Pablo is a geek either. I have no idea who he is really...:)

I'm not a geek. I swear...
just because usually I have 3 mirc channels open most of the night, I just have friends ok. if you know what I mean.
Last night I re-installed Solaris8 with this kool kde skript my buddy gpv-h4cK3r wrote.
of course, he messaged me when I was designing these new winamp skins... y'know, naked chick on the volume bar, if you know what I mean.
oh, and last week, I played with my DC speaker board, and now I have my pc speakers on there. Sonic sounds tooo cool with quad speakers, if you know what I mean. but I'm not a geek or anything, I swear.
I'd play Doom, but man, I just got all these RL commitments that grab my priorities.
oh, and then 2 weeks ago, I went on this game show. Man, I was really on this dude's Wavelength. if you know what I mean....
/idiocy

Real life is clearly an issue for everyone. Perhaps Pablo shouldn't work on so many projects at once. His stuff is always worth waiting for... we'll be listening. -- if you know what I mean. :)

Guest pablodictter

geek?
I don't know. geeks are supose to be smart people and they know everything on PC's and stuff like that (and other things too), ..i'm a C average student, I don't know much about pc hardware or software....i know the basics of wad editing, but I really suck at using source ports, and i don't use my pc that much..spend most of the time watching tv or movies though, hehehe.

For me, geeks are those who spend the whole day using the PC, reading, getting new games everyday and they know eveything (and by that i mean everything) of a game, every litlte detail and stuff...

Guest pablodictter

uh, that post was for everybody, not for swedish fish but for everyone...yeah.