Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Julian

Chemistry Is Evil

The Co-Op Certification Laboratory has announced a mapping contest for vanilla DOOM 2 with a U.S. Special Forces in Afghanistan theme. The price for the best map is a cd copy of "Hell to Pay", a rare out-of-print commercial megawad by Wraith. For those of you fearing the megawad built out of this to be another stupid 'vengeance' mod, here is an extract of the introduction story:

Upon entering the first bunker, you are surprised to discover that the enemy's experiments with biological and chemical weapons have backfired--turning the bad guys into hellish monsters. Undaunted, you are determined to carry out your orders.

Knowing no custom resources are allowed, these will basically be classical DOOM co-operative maps with a cave/bunker theme. Contestants should hurry: maps are due by 11:59 pm Central Time, October 31, 2001.

Guest gems

i'll make a wad, where the doomguy and a 100 other voodoo dolls are killed by the troopers in the end. what the fuck kinda story is that? the __BAD GUYS__ are turning into monsters? faggot..

Guest pl-gmi

yeah yeah whatever, stfu

Guest (Unknown)

Dumb idea, but hey I'm already working on a map like that so what a coincidence eh?

Guest gems

ebola its not me..u know me better then that donnt u? heh..anyway, find a more original name faggot and stop using mine..

Gems: didn't you use to go by the alias pl-gmi in here? or was that pl_gmi bah the hell with it.. :p Anyway, Did you get the mail I forwarded to you?

Guest Excalibur_Z

Who cares what the story is, as long as it's an excuse to make co-op levels =) This game needs more co-op levels. You can tell how hard they are to make based on the lack of them out there.

Hope some of them will be actual coop levels and not just single player levels that is so insanely hard that you need to play in coop to have even the slimmest of chance to beat the damn thing.

Guest gems

ebola not here just irc..i used the gemini before though but arioch deleted that 'account' i think...i know, i know, he's gay...hehe. yeah i got the mail, but u still havent responded to another mail i sent u like 2 weeks ago..by the way could u mail me the map i've lost it..

God damn j00 gem. :p

well. you gotta do something about the date stamp on your maisl.. They are like 6 months wrong so they fall down on my list.. very hard to notice them then....

Ok' I'm gonna send the wad..

Guest gems

hehe yeah i fixed that yesterday..come to undernet by the way if u read this within the next 15-20 minutes..its almost 3 oclock now..

* 1st, i think the afganistan conflict is not for making a game about, especially now

* 2nd, no new resources? some of the doom2 textures might apply to tunnels (more likely) and bunkers (more or less), but many do not.. anyway i'm always annoyed when i see the same resources used for different locations, it's just dumb.. and heh, at least add a turban on the zombiemen's heads ;p

Guest jackie brown

yeah yeah whatever, stfu

Guest j00 equals ded

i think we should make a flight simulator 2000 mission where you must fly a plane into a building

Guest gems

jackie brown
youre a geek who deserves to die. does the people here know that u ordered a realdoll online by the way? and got ripped off? and ordered again? got ripped off again? ordered from another site? and havin fun now?

Guest gems

jackie brown
im through wasting time on trash like yourself..go tell mommy that u got hit on by a chick when u went by the name playboy12 on irc

Guest The Gemini

yeah yeah whatever, stfu

Sometimes posting anonymously is pretty sad.
but posting with someone else's nick is just pathetic...

Guest jackie brown

I enjoy toying with that arrogant hate-spouting towelhead. Get over it.

Guest cocoon

This one was fucking disgusting.

Guest j00 equals ded

yeah yeah whatever, stfu

yeah you can already hit the buildings, i just want it set up to where i dont have to take off and turn my plane around. hell, i cant even find new york, so i wouldnt be too good of a terrorist, would i?

... anyone remember which *original* WAD the first 11 levels of Hell To Pay were *STOLEN* from?? (I have the original here somewhere but can't recall the filename.)

Guest wondersmith

Rez, I think you may be a bit confused. I've been playing Doom and lurking in the newsgroups since the beginning and don't recall anyone accusing James Elson,
aka Wraith, of stealing others' work. Perhaps you're thinking of the free demo wads that WizardWorks released featuring several levels from Perdition's Gate and Hell to Pay. Or you might be thinking of the two megawads available very briefly on cdrom.com based on maps stolen from Perdition's Gate and Hell to Pay! They were removed as soon as members of the Doom community recognized them and reported the copyright violation to the archive's maintainer.

Nope, I'm not confused about the theft issue, tho I don't recall for sure which Wraith WAD contained the 11 maps that were indeed pilfered -- there was a noisy if short-lived flap about it at the time. Eventually I'll find the original again, tho...

Guest wondersmith

Well, maybe my memory's going. (Wouldn't be the first time!) If so, I apologize, Rez. If you do find the wad in question, let us know.