Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Julian

Buggy Presage

Yeah I used to get this very bug within a map I made couple of years ago.. it was quite frustrating.. and it's really odd too.. you can suddenly not hit any monsters they have no clip... as do you.. but it's a limited noclip..

This always happened in a place where a throng of monsters came out of 4 hangars. after shooing at them a while it might occur this way..

Guest (Unknown)

why the hell do people make demos again?

Because people like to show off.
Because it makes it easy to point out glitches when beta-testing.
Because people like to beat records and to have proof of the fact.
Because you want to demonstrate something like rocket jumping or BFG silencing.
Because it can make dooming more competitive.
Because you want to relive something cool that happened.
Because it's easier to take screenshots while watching a demo than it is while playing.

Enough reasons?

Wavelength, look at any FPS gaming community, players make demos.
other people... go on game shows or something.
I'll say it again, demos are the game; it's playing the game. if you don't like playback demos, then you're in the wrong community.

its like the marine and the zombies are ghosts lost in an eternal, never-ending conflict. scary.

demos are cool, doom consists of playing, watching demos, and making maps/resources

Good demos are art & for that you need artifice (look it up).
Also they're usually better to watch than what's on T.V.

It's like a ghost town ain't it? Lucky it happened then -he only had 3% life left!
I'd played that map before on Legacy and noticed then that it showed HOM on some textures,maybe that has something to do with its instability.Weird!Still better than most T.V. tho'.....

Guest j00 equals ded

why the fuck would i want to watch someone else playing?

I refer you to my previous post in which I hopefully already answered that question.

Guest Jim Jacob MacPla

Doo doo doo

Hey you might learn something,but then again that's pretty scary isn't it.There are some great players out there,you only have to take a look at some of Compet-N demos to appreciate this.

Guest j00 equals ded

I already looked at those demos. They are pretty good.

But I feel like I should devote more of my time to playing the game, instead of dwelling on the forums here and watching demos of other people playing.

a doom2.exe screenshot that says "screen shot" ? mmmh i wonder what he calls the original engine ...

Guest (Unknown)

why the fuck WOULD i want to watch someone else playing? Don't tell me that if I don't like demos then I am in the wrong community; that is your opinion. I have been getting along fine without ::laugh:: watching demos and 'being competetive' with them. That is what csDoom is for. My reasons alone out-match all of yours.

Don't be a bully. They've been getting shot-up lately. Doom rules for other reasons...

You're a moron.
What? Do you play CsDoom to lose? Of course, you play competitively.
I agree that demos are not ALL of what Doom is, or has to offer, but...
All I see is you attacking one of the most important parts of the game without provocation. Plus, you never mention what you do with Doom (besides CsDoom). You're merely shouting out.
Lastly, if you truly cannot see any value to playback demos, then you really are as pathethic as I've been hearing...

Guest j00 equals ded

demos just suck, only stupid players learn from them.

Guest j00 equals ded

only newbie players learn from demos

Guest j00 equals ded

only newbie players thikn are are more things to learn from an age-old game

Guest j00 equals ded

umm this is boring...

lets find something else to spam about.

pretty good? Boy I'd like to see some of YOUR demos if you think they're just pretty good.But also the fact that you find them pretty good implies that they're not a total waste of time.Good only for newbie players? this would make an interesting poll.