Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Julian

Doom In Real 3D

No, Andrew, it makes sense;

For 'The Ambush' there is what looks like a clean-cut room with your everyday impaled marines, and what's that? A lone IMP hiding in a dark alcove?

For 'The Escape' we see the Marine looking onward, his back turned defiantly to Satan and his minions.

Of course you are more right, they could have had better names like 'gloomy room' and 'paradise lost' or something. Hmmm...

Guest epZ

Looks a lot like jDoom to me. ;)

Guest Nash

Look at "The Escape" - the Doomguy looks so plastic... like a blow-up Doomguy! That would be great for swimming pools~~~

Is there a resource or page somewhere that lists the highlights of all the single player maps or TCs that have ever been made? I remember Andrew or Arioch were writing an occasional oldstuff report for a while, which faded out for some reason.

I came back to Doom after playing about a year (literally, a year straight) when it first came out. Looking through thousands of maps would be nice, but I just don't have that kind of time.

If there isn't something like that, I'd like to hear some opinions on the best SP maps and TCs. (as well as newer source-port only maps?) I use zdoom right now since I hate the smudgy 3d card crap.

Guest Striker

in ambush you notice that the door is clearly a room over room type deal and yes there are ports that do that sort of thing but first i'll draw your attention to those torches. Notice how detailed the flames are. This goes beyond teh current flame models (though the rest of the model seems to be the classic md2). But also notice the Texture added to the textures to give it roughness. Furthermore I'll draw your attentoin to the closet right side electric torch. Notice how it casts a shadow on the wall? GL ports of doom would not produce those caliber of affects. I could also go on about how the other pic is not straight out of a doomgl port but i'll spare ya.

"in ambush you notice that the door is clearly a room over room type deal and yes there are ports that do that sort of thing but first i'll draw your attention to those torches."

Since all doors in Doom open up, or they can't slide open like a double door in Hexen. Sooo... I don't think thats a real door, just looks nifty.

Maybe its a legacy map and that door goes down like a lift instead of up like a standard door.

Guest gems

the escape pic was nice with the imps standin there lookin cool and that final boss in the background..

Guest jackie brown

yeah yeah whatever, stfu

Jackie Brown... go put a dick in it, will ya? As for the pictures... the creativity and graphics Zman has implemented into the games design I never thought could be accomplished. Terrific work!

Guest j00 equals ded

yeah yeah whatever, stfu

Guest gems

jackie brown
drop dead...nobody would notice anyway..less hits on hotmale.com though..

Guest gems

jackie brown
drop dead...nobody would notice anyway..less hits on hotmale.com though..