Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Julian

Reviews Of The Millennium

Guest Fanatic

I wonder if he's going to implement GL node support. Zennode is a pretty nice compiler.

I couldn't find an email link on the Zennode website to ask tho... :

Well. It's the best supporting builder for GL legacy. I dunno about GL friendly nodes though.

That everytime there has been a new release Marc R. claims like a 200% increase in performance. I mean, how many times can you two-fold performance? Ver .98 runs very quick on my comp but the fact that future versions don't work in DOS bar me from using it since I use DCK.

Guest Kinoshkana

Yep, I'm pushing the limits on level size again (one level over 30000x25000 in size at this point).

glBSP can't build a blockmap for it - it clips it.

ZenNode can't build a reject map for it - it GPFs.

Hopefully ZenNode adds GL-friendly nodes support.

Oh, and the large-percentage-increases in performance always end up in different areas each time, though reject maps can take a fair amount of improvement. (But he should be saying "can take up to 75% less time" rather than "300% improvement".)

At a glance, it looks like a port to DJGPP would be trivial except for the console stuff; you'd either need a termios library that worked under DJGPP, or to adapt another function set (console.cpp has three sets of the same named functions, for the three target platforms - OS/2, Win32 and Linux) for DJGPP. I'd do it right now except I don't have DJGPP anymore and I'm not willing to suck it over my modem link to do a port I'd never use... I might be tempted to do it at work though :)