Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Arioch

Another Tomorrow's Yesterday

Bigdog sends word that the second part to Rick Clark's ongoing serialization of a piece of cross-over fiction involving Doom and Wolfenstein 3D has been placed online. The second part follows B.J. Blazkowicz through Castle Wolfenstein, and can be found here, and in case you missed part one, that can be found here.

You can't do this to us Rick -- feeding us small doses at a time. We need the whole shebang. NOW! (Need I remind you that addicts tend to get violent when their fix is withheld?)

when is ITS YOU ALL ALONE thing gonna happen? I just cant _wait_ for that one...or "seeing" former colleagues as zombiesshotgun guys.

Laughably predictable.

VENTILATION DUCT. So Half Life.

I prefer Generations by Lee'mon over this pathetic crap anyday. Even tho Lee'mon did'nt use the names supplied in the DooM bible just names from them crappy "DooM" (note the quotes) books. BUUUUUUU.

Guest (Unknown)

This is plagarized material. It is from the book Where Eagles Dare; every word from the second chapter. He changed the names, that's all. Damn- I'm not one to turn people in but I suggest you throw this literature away before the FBI lays down on you Rick~~~

eh? That's quite an accusation there dude. I hope you can back it up.

Oh yes, the same Lee'mon who decided instead to use the storyline as presented by the Q3A manual, the same Lee'mon who got fired from PlanetQuake before he finished serializing the story and therefore never completed it, the same Lee'mon who shut down Generations Q2 to instead opt for working on Generations Q3A ... yes, he's your hero alright.

Even if he could back it up, he won't. He'll just tell you that it's common knowledge and tell you to fuck yourself for questioning that.

One: Generations Q2 was shut down because of legal issues. Two: Generations for Q3A is near completion and should be out soon. This does not have any legal issues because the character's are already there, and the weapons are all remakes - except of course for the original Q3A weapons which some have been modified. Three: I know about him not finishing the story, and the storyline in the Q3A manual was'nt much to begin with.

And what I meant in my original posting was that Lee'mon actually written a story that got me intrigued and reading it. He's already covered what Clark is going to be covering (B.J.'s escape, the DooM years), I would'nt mind really either....if Clark's writings were any good.

Wrong. Ask pretty much any of the original team members (except Lee'Mon) and they'll tell you a different story. In fact, Lee'Mon basically muscled himself onto the team, driving out D.Nite the original team leader in the process, then declaring himself team leader without a concensus, and then proceeded to run the project shoddily, and shut down the project much as a surprise to everyone involved. That part of the history isn't very well-known, and he likes to keep it that way.

The legal issues (basically consisting of the direct inclusion of copyright Q1 material) could've been resolved easily. And might've been. Check out the SOG project, which uses Generations resources, with the original Q1 material excised and replaced with custom models.

Guest (Unknown)

Go to the library, fuck head.

First of all I have respect for Rick Clark. I have none for you. It's you who are making the accusation of plagerism here. It's your responsibility to make the effort to back your charges. Scanning a page or two from the book and providing a link would be a start. Anyone not satisified with that could then do what you suggest. Now stfu.

Guest (Unknown)

Well you probably shouldn't have included that second sentence, because damned if I am going to take the time to look it up when I gave you, a (hopefully) grown and responsible person, the name of the book and the chapter. What else do I have to tell you?

(from the Wirehead forum)

YicklePigeon wrote:

<<Arioch self centered webmaster of DoomWorld>>

How the heck could anyone in the Doom community not know that Linguica is the DW webmaster? Arioch's simply a news guy. Ph00l.