Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
AndrewB

The /newstuff Chronicles #59

Two new WAD files are reviewed this week, in our worst ever digest of the newest things found in Newstuff.

• Elliot Goblet by Paul Corfiatis - (img) - One very small single-player map for Doom 2. You make a Cyberdemon and Spiderdemon fight each other. Then you exit. There is also a new graphic, music replacement, and a couple of new sounds.
  • Nuts by B.P.R.D. - (img) - One map for Doom 2. Ten thousand monsters. Enhanced DOOM port required.

Guest Striker

i had to run it on SMMU

I already have a new level finished. It's quite big (~820 kb), detailed, fair, but probably nobody will every play it. And why? Because I always forget to upload it! Hm, maybe next week

I thought when you said there would be no more mystics in the newstuff that you meant the mystic series and not wads by mystic.

Does this mean all my wads are banned? If so I could easily release them under an assumed name. It would be nice to know what I did to cause this blacklisting, maybe you think Im Jewish or black or something.

Yup,Nuts crashed Legacy & ZDoom but it actually played semi-OK with Boom.I'll try ZDoom with heapsize64,then again maybe not.

Guest Rick Clark

Speaking of the worst, what ever happened to Mockery?

It's probably even more extreme than Vrack 3 :) 10,617 monsters - one extreme, only 2 main rooms - another extreme!

I played with JDP, it didn't crash, but I had to use the KILLEM code just to move about properly.

Guest MrMGA

Dude, that's a very cool map you uploaded. Very detailed and tricky with good enemy action. I enjoyed it very much.

What's up Myst, they aren't reviewing your maps anymore? If so they'd better have a pretty good reason.

Played it with MBF, tho there was some graphics problems in the connection between the arenas, and it played at something like 4fps. And that's the main difficulty of the map, trying to play when it looks like a dia show. BTW what the heck is JDP?

whoa, "nuts" is insane. The link seems not working for me, can someone help me to find another link or send it to me plz

"It's probably even more extreme than Vrack 3 :) 10,617 monsters - one extreme, only 2 main rooms - another extreme!"

Aww... now I have to set a new goal for Vrack 3.

Doh. It's because the map is for Legacy.

But that's actually not stated in the text file, I think... mistake =)

Sorry about that, my fault, I forgot I had to upload mumphuq1 twice because I stupidly used wintex to remove surplus textures and their patches before uploading the first version.

So does this mean Im not banned after all?