Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Julian

Knee Deep In The Storyline

Hopefully the Mac version will also profit from the improved software mode in the new release, hopefully there will be at least any software mode. I personally love the software mode much more than OpenGL graphics. I think that OpenGL fits more such games like Quake or Halflife. Software mode is more "original" Doom experience. Other opinions allowed :-)

I don't care as long as it runs fast. The ... um ... private beta I got my hands on performed better than 1.31X in software mode ...

You can turn off all opengl galore if you don't like it. Even the "smoothing".

Mac version will (AFAIK) not have a software mode in quite a while.

I quite like ports that improve the graphics of Doom. Recently, I've been playing lots of JDoom. I used to use ZDoomGL if I wanted a more "modern" feel, but the new version of it absolutely won't run on my machine. Doom Legacy has the best accelerated modes I've seen, but there's something it lacks: md2 support! I hope that the new Legacy version will support md2s.

Guest orkface

it will support md2 I think hurdler said it some where

Yes. Legacy have had md2 support in progress. Hurdler posted a screenshot of it last summer. But he just like eveyone else have been busy with stuff. So all legacy programming on his side have been slow.

Mack has written a new introduction for Knee Deep In The Dead. It mainly deals with the DOOM guy's life before he joined the UAC troops on Mars. The author would be very happy to hear back from readers, so that he could improve on the story and maybe expand it further.