Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Julian

Mellow Redesign

phpwebite themes being broken for netscape is an issue, to be sure. I saw an article re: fixing that, but I really don't care enough about netscape to bother atm. It's ironic how things have come full circle w/ mozilla (the open source community project, not the whore netscape) now doing its best to emulate MSIE in its rendering. Maybe they'll go so far to make it stop sucking. Does anyone have the latest mozilla, & if so, how does it look? My rpm is too old to install the latest, so opera has to do.

Anyway, check linear's site. That guy does great themes, as well as case mods. Lots of interesting activities.

Mellow Land is the name of a bbs I ran for a number of years in the early 90's. It predates my assuming the moniker of Captain Mellow.

I wasn't complaining.. I was offering possibilities for why it looked sub-standard for Tarin.
besides, Netscape renders the php fine overall, just can't do the fonts correctly.

It's a css issue, not php. the php script is run through the php executable before it gets sent out to the client, & what gets sent out is only what the php script is supposed to echo--i.e. html. All the if/then/while/do stuff doesn't show up. But those themes are all about css & of course netscape has a lot of issues w/ that. I honestly wish netscape would just roll over & die already.

Guest forEver

Go to this here site for some interesting things. >>>>> http://www.steakandcheese.com

Trust me my girlfriend and I go there all the time. And a few of the pictures we had posted.

...by using netscape 3.04, or your own build of that version. Who gives a flip about bells and whistles, or sites that use them?

It may seem like an elitist attitude, but it's grounded in the fact that real content doesn't require any fancy crap. I play video games when I want pretty lights and sounds.

Well, some of the so-called bells & whistles are w3.org standards, like css. Progress is good. Writing pages strewn w/ redundant tags makes pages bloated. Many style tags are deprecated in favor of css.