Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Captain Red

3dfx emulator

Dose anybody know of a good 3dfx emulator? I've got the 3dfx patch for shadow worrior, and i'd like to give it a try.

note: emulators don't class as warez do they? if so, please let me know. i will kill this thread with out pause or remorse.

A few years ago, 3dfx whent defunked coz of it's crappyness. but some older games still serpport it. hence the need for emulators. I link you to one, but I'm still whating to see if i'm allowed to.

sadly such a thing may not be around. that is why i never bought 3dfx stuff, because it had its own openGL oh and the crappyness too. anyway u might as well give up, even if u found an emulator i dout it would be remotly stable, or look good. try to find a 3d patch made for the card u have, or an early model made by the same company or by the company who made the main chipsets. u cant use a 3dfx patch on a nvida card anyway

umm, I have about 4 3dfx emulators. and thay work (albeit poorly) on my Geforce 2 mx 400. Wow. I surprised I'm the onyone who's herd of them!

3DFX are a good manufacturer... until recently, most games ran well with their cards... hell, I can get a good frame rate (about 60fps) on Quake III with my Voodoo3!

ZarcyB said:
3DFX are a good manufacturer... until recently, most games ran well with their cards... hell, I can get a good frame rate (about 60fps) on Quake III with my Voodoo3!

Ummm, voodoo 3 is when they stopped using glide. it used OpenGL like everything else.

try to find a nvidia patch, or a riva/TNT patch. they should work. i would not recomend useing a emulator for 3d cards as they would be unstable, i have heard of them and the problems they can cause. besides eating CPU and ram like a bitch graphics can be poorer than what it is trying to emulate. also i have heard that such emulators easily corrupt game files and saved games. I have even heard of them causeing display and registry problems in windows. they can also damage cheap monitors, there was a similar patch/emulator made for tombraider a few years back that damaged monitors. seeing that shadow is not a 3d game try not and worry about it, i dout u would get much graphic gain with an emulator anyway. i would just say give it up, or find a patch that is close to your card. i am sure that game has a basic openGL patch

Uh, OpenGL support in 3Dfx cards before the VSA-100 wasn't native. You needed to use a MiniGL driver, which basically interfaced OpenGL calls to their Glide counterparts.

A 3dfx emulator?? Do you me a glide wrapper? I used to use a glide wrapper for UltraHLE in what seems like a decade ago, but i guess it its only been alittle over a year... Anyways a glide wrapper couldn't constitute in any way, shape or form as warez since its nothing but a .dll to translate 3dfx specific commands to whatever. My only experience with them are for use with console emulators, so they may be of no use to you :/

I recommend eVoodoo..
http://evoodoo.emulation64.com/us/home.html

here's a list of others..
http://www.zophar.net/utilities/glidewrapper.html

Ct_red_pants said:

note: emulators don't class as warez do they? if so, please let me know. i will kill this thread with out pause or remorse.

Well, I remember a few years back, when Creative Labs wanted to incorperate a GLide wrapper into their drivers. IIRC they got sued by 3dfx, even though this wrapper did not even contain any 3dfx source.
So, if the a wrapper uses non-authorized code it's illegal. Even when it does not use any non-authorized code it may be illegal.

will said:
A 3dfx emulator?? Do you me a glide wrapper?

Umm sorry, yeah I ment a glide wrapper. Thanks for the links will :)