Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Arioch

New D_E1M1 Remix

Finally, a post about the music track.

Imagine this being used for the secret level of Doom III. IMO, I think the secret level should be E1M1 itself, and a "super secret level something original DOOMish, but completely new, as what was done with Wolfenstein in DOOM 2.

Guest WadEd

Agh, another e1m1 remix.. Everything is good except the drums, they drown out the rest of the song.

Guest Captain Napalm

I agree that E1m1 as a secret level would be neat, but it would have to be sort of like E1M1 revisited with new surprises and stuff, maybe the whole base in ruination with those neat new lighting effects.
And the Wolfenstein Secret levels sucked IMHO.

"And the Wolfenstein Secret levels sucked IMHO."

That they did. Mostly because they used dark lighting, that's the main thing that ruined them. The size was wrong too. And if they ported the SS Guards over, they ought to have done the same with the dogs.

It wasn't a bad idea though, just piss-poor execution.

Yeah, an older version of my NJZDOOM (a couple of years ago) had my versions of the Wolf levels as maps 31 and 32. I did them accurately on a 64x64 grid, had bright lighting, used the Wolf original 64x64 textures and made all the doors and secret walls slide using poly objects (with the original sounds).

Of course, this meant they were not acceptable to CDROM.COM, so when Ty rejected them, I cut the levels out and replaced them with my own stuff for the next time I uploaded.

Not even sure I have a copy myself now.

Silly boy, you do not know a re-creation from a remixed song. Do you even know the meaning of the word "mix"? I would like to hear more recordings!

Thanks. But hm... I _might_ turn them down a little. I actually wasn't completely satisfied with the drums. There are some parts I couldn't make sound right, and the EQing killed the poor cowbell. Also thanks to whoever voted/is voting on the poll!

Yeah, especially the ones who awkwardly chatter back and forth on local radio. Say...were you saying that thinking that I'm a DJ? 'Cause I'm not.

Sorry, never played it all the way through, just bits and pieces of it.

And whoever suggested that it should be E1M1 revisited, you just took the thought right out of my head. That's I actually meant in the first place.

Guest UAC PR Dept.

Vote E1M3 dammit... you know, the one with the bowed glass & "synth bass thingy" to set the rhythm... you know... YOU KNOW!!!

Heh, finally managed to download this piece of musical art. It's really good, keeps the spirit of the original very well. Maybe a little bit too dominant drums, but that's very minor. Great work!

Guest Johnny Magnum

I FARTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Omniverse

When I hear "industrial rock band remixes Doom song" I kinda expect more than what is basically a cover. Where are the synths and machine sounds? It's just basically the original played with real instruments.

Guest gems

there are better doom songs like plutonia map6, 16, 18, 19, 21, 25, 31 and 32...i know 21 and 25 are from doom2...09 from doom2 is also cool so why did u make a cover of e1m1 instead