Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Arioch

Quake 2 Source Released

And this probably means we'll see an up-to-date (linux) port of Quake 2 sometime in the short future. :)

Its a nice xmas for someone. Just goes to show not all capitalists are evil money grabbing bastards, unless he is doing this to seem like a nice guy and really is still a evil money ....

What if anything does this mean for DOOM ports? Should there be anything I should look forward to?

Guest j00 equals ded

I can't wait till he releases the Quake 3 source tomorrow.

And then, shortly thereafter, the Doom 3 source!

I know, this doesn't really relate to doom what so ever, but it does relate to GLOOM! :)
For all that don't know, Gloom is a mod for Q2 that is, for lack of a better word, ...uhhh... ok, so it's insanely cool, and I lack any kind of word to describe it. It's the ultimate Team game! One team is cute, cuddly alien spiders, and the other is evil humans (gee, wonder which side I play as... :). Also, it is in a CONSTANT form of change, as the teams are never truly balanced. So what could this mod be missing? A better exe. Currently, the mod pushes the Quake 2 eng. to it's limit, and in some cases, past what it can handle, thus making it glitch. So with the release of the source code, all the limitations that were in the mod go bye bye! ^_^

Oh, if your interested in the game it's at planetgloom.com :)

[/plug]

I haven't had time to inspect the source, but does anyone know if the backdoor has been removed?

Quake 2 is my favourite of the Quake series, so this is good news. Hopefully someone will decide to implement some Q3 style advances (MD3 models, curves, better lighting, etc).

Guest df

I want the Commander Keen source!!! :)

i whouldnt mind seeing some inprovments in quake2 now, there are a few things in the game that i just dont like seeing

Guest WadEd

Constant orange lighting?

so like ari, who put that in in the first place, and why was it left in, what was the explanation for it being in etc. I missed at least one year of ID controversy.