Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Julian

Speed Christmas Mapping

A special 'Christmas' session of the Speedmapping exercise will take place in #zdoom on irc.openprojects.net at 8pm GMT (3pm west coast, 5pm east coast). According to Nick Baker, it "will feature a seasonal theme, but with a twist".
Update by Arioch: the download link to the map pack for this session can be found here courtesy of Hirogen2.

actually fred, your map had been the best in the pack if you had balanced the gameplay a bit better...

Guest j00 equals ded

opening presents and ordering new hardware for my computer is gonna be better than this shit and some other *cough* megawads *cough*

Guest j00 equals ded

"do it better yourself, or shut yer mouth."

and how much sense that made...

really, when did i say i will do anything better? i said that would be more fun than mapping.

Guest j00 equals ded

let me try that

Guest Captain Napalm

It would have been nice if this had been announced ahead of time, but even then I think the theme would have given me problems, as custom flats and DCK do not mix all that well.

I did send the news in early in the morning on Christmas Day, but obviously none of the DW staff were working that day :)

One level (Maonth's) was missed off due to an e-mail server messing up somewhere, so re-download now for 7 levels instead of 6... :)

"so re-download now for 7 levels instead of 6"

Glad I did, MAP07 is my favourite by quite a bit. Helluva nice job in only 100 mins. Looks like a lot of cunning use of copying and pasting. Very sensible with limited time frame.

Nice set of speed maps with some nice "seasonal" graphics. Well done to all concerned.

Speaking of which, I've been wondering - VRACK.

Is it:

Vee-rack

Vrack (like crack)

V. R. A. C. K.

Or something else?

And what does it mean, other than "chaos unleashed in a fancy wrapping"?