Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Arioch

NoSkill Dies In Car Accident

There was a bit of discussion on IRC as to whether or not this reported death was really NoSkill. KNorton, who has played NoSkill on various occasions, has said that he thought NoSkill was a bit older than the early teens this Chris Crosby would have had to be in during the height of Doom deathmatch, since the reported age is 23. However, the name is apparently correct.

Guest Virgil_

s**t, that's f**ked... A fellow doomer.. dead?? And at such a young age..

i didn't even know this doomer online, yet i feel sad nevertheless

as the saying goes ... ce sont toujours les meilleurs qui partent les premiers

Guest Nowotny

I never got to know him, though I played him on DWANGO a few times. Smart player & a sharp shooter. I hate to see anyone loose their life in something like a car wreck.

:-(

Noskill was gone from the doom community years before I showed my face...

I feel very sad by this none the less, I really wish I had known him.

Many people still beleave that he was the best doom deathmatcher of all time. We should remember him this way.

FUCK!!!

Man that's aweful. Wife and a kid too. Says they wrecked cuz they were going too fast. God what a lame little thing to die from. Goes to show ya huh? One little mistake and then boom, your in a news article in DOOMWORLD.

Think there's DOOM in heaven? :-)

Guest Black Knight

It's not lame, it's called poor choices and a poor choice it was at that. I hope the best for his familly and my prayers are out for him and his lovers.

Guest Pirx

heaven without doom would be hell :P

Guest Mizzory

First doomer in the entire doom community to be reported dead. A far as I know.

Since there have probably been hundreds of thousands of people involved with DOOM even for short periods of time during what will soon have been a decade, I'm sure there's been many deaths of which we're not aware. This is the second that has been reported on doomworld though, the other was one of the guys who worked on a project called Doom3D who drowned in a swimming accident. I'm always sad when I hear of things like this.

Best of wishes to friends and family.

Guest Mizzory

The same Doom3D hosted on doomworld?

Guest Mizzory

Oh yeah that guy, but isn't he a QUAKEr?

I just wanted to raise my voice with the rest of you. It is really too bad that this happened to him.

Like just about everyone else, I never got to know him, as he stopped being active in the Doom scene 5 and a half years ago, in Mid 1996. I do remember seeing him and saying hello way back when I first got onto EFnet IRC #deathmatch, which was in early 1996, but that is about it. I do not have the logs from that far back, either.

When I read the obituary, it is like his life was moving along so well. Looked to have a good job, had neat hobbies, and was married with a kid. People like that aren't supposed to die in car accidents, are they?

The whole thing makes me sad. I think that both the doom world and the real one lost something special.

I wonder how the driver of the car is doing.

I wonder if Chris would not have died if he had worn his seat belt. I'm 31 and I've been in enough accidents to have a clue about what happens. The seat belt prevents you from being thrown around inside the car during an accident, which makes a big difference, plus it keeps you from hitting your head on as much stuff as you would otherwise. Those of you who don't wear seat belts should consider doing so. When it comes to car accidents, you don't get to hit SPACE afterwards.

Lastly. I put a short page up about Noskill on doom2.net. It will eventually be a nice looking page. For now it just has the 9 NoSkill demos from my collection, a little bit of information about what happened, and who he was. It is linked off of the main page.

--BahdKo

"First doomer in the entire doom community to be reported dead. A far as I know."
Does Eric Harris ring a bell? Unike Eric Harris though, I feel very sorry about NoSkill's death and my prayers are with him. R.I.P

To the best of my knowledge, Eric Harris was an absolute nobody in the doom world. He made a few wads that virtually noone knew or cared about until he shot his school up (and who hasn't made a few wads? Shit, even I made one). The media used the words "professional doom author" or something to that respect because Eric Harris had used those words in one of his wad textfiles, and the media didn't care enough about accuracy to verify whether or not this was true. Unless he had been *paid* to make wads, this description is a lie, on his part. Eric Harris was *not* one of us.

If I am wrong here, someone correct me.

No BahdKo, you are right.
Although, unfortunately I don't think Eric Harris was too different than some of us.

Regrettable that anyone loses their life at an early age... humans don't live that long anyway, 23 years is just too short.
On a postive note, I think NoSkill was enjoying life -- One of the very best Doom dmers in Doom's heyday, a father, a respectable citizen... I think he sounds happy to me. But I guess that means he lost a lot too. :(

Bahdko says he reportedly liked Map03 dm. I like the dude already. :)
May his soul find peace in the afterlife, if there is one.

Guest Archangel99

Theres a jackass on blues news slandering NoSkill. I gave hima piece of my mind. It's really sad that NoSkill had to die so young. It just goes to show that nothing's for ever. But NoSkill's memory will live on in all of us. May he find the god of which ever religion he belived in, And not the darkness that I see for myself.