Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Julian

Misfortune

Lightning Hunter needs your help. He has already completed 11 levels of his upcoming TC "Hell's Curse" but he still needs gfx and 3D artists, for menus, textures and md2 models, and an HTML coder to help him setup a page. To be part of the team, click here.

If I can't get 2 damn maps done, then how the hell is he gonna get people to make all that shit for him?

My experience says, make it yourlself or don't make it at all.. Wish I could live by that myself, though. :p

Guest cocoon

Can't see why ppl want to pack their maps full of the stuff he is asking for... I think history pretty much shows that it is impossible to do it, and if you do it, the result is just about always shitty.

Concentrate on the maps and maybe some textures.

I know there are examples proving me wrong, but I'm still considering I'm right most of the time.

I didnt really expect any one to e-mail me to help me out really... I just wanted to see if any one will help me at all. I already have some new textures by permission of people off of the internet, and i am going to make all 32 levels myself, so I dont really expect anyone to make me anything :) I just wanted to give it a try. Too bad my project wont have a website though... Oh yeah, I have some new music to use in my levels as well. Actually the only thing I am REALLY hoping to get is someone to make a menu. I couldnt really make one unless I ripped some pictures off of the internet which I dont want to do. Well, I am happy Doomworld posted my announcement anyway. Not just to get people to help me, but just to let people know what I am working on :)

oh, and also, doomworld made a mistake in saying "TC" Actually this is just going to be a new 32 levels. I wasnt planning on changing any of the enemies or weapons or anything. I just thought it would be cool to have 1 or 2 added on enemies. Guess that probably wont happen now will it? :)

All of my new maps (currently unreleased) use only only 3 "extras". Around 4 new textures, A MOD music replacement and A new sprite. (rain) When you load a wad full of useless crap, its usually not so fun.

I totally agree with you there Cocoon. I actually hate it when people add on too much crap to their mods. You may as well just create a new game if you are going to do that :) The only thing my levels have new right now is some new textures, music, and of course the levels. every thing else will be the old doom2 you remember :)

you would have to be the judge of wether they are the most detailed maps around, but I can tell you that I just recently spent several days adding in detail and aligning textures in these maps. These maps are unique ideas I think. One of them is a volcano surrounded by lots of canyons with lots of monsters firing down at you fromm above. Some maps take place in the mountains. And the first 6 maps are base style maps. I have viewed many many maps on the internet and am taking my time on making my maps detailed and perfect. I am the kind of person that has to look at the maps on the internet and compare them to mine. Every time I do so I think "hmmm, this little room in my map could have better quality" or "this texture could be better". I keep going through my maps and finding every little bug I possibly can. I even make sure every room has proper lightning and a source of light.

So my maps should be detailed enough to please you a little! :)

well, as long as the textures are nicely aligned, I won't have a bit of a problem. Also, I hope you don't use scripting. (slopes and such) it makes me feel like crap because I don't know scripting. :)

Does ANYONE know how to hack those dumb-ass encrypted .roo, .rar and .zip files?!?!? I *HATE* IT when I download software that is encrypted and they never tell you what the password is!!! ack!

Have you ever used the latest version of Jdoom? SkyJake has perfected it! It does not have any of those horrible bugs I saw in GLDoom and Zdoomgl. He has fixed a LOT since the old beta version. If you have not tried out the latest version of it, try it! Trust me, I have never seen a more perfect user made engine...

no, its not the bugs, It's just that...Doom wasn't meant to be played with fancy colored dynamic lighting. With all of that extra crap, you don't notice how good the map is desinged. So, if you see some nice lighting, you automatically assume its the Open GL stuff, and not the 20 sectors the author put there.

You either need they're source code, permission or the actuall password. The only real way to hack it is through DOS if it still fucken works. Goto: cdrom.com and hopefully they have a few DOS programs that still allow you to break in. I don't rememebr the names of the programs but jsut search around and you'll find something.

First off, before considering getting help for your project... a website would be real helpfull with descriptive details on the 32 levels or whatever. Anyhow, it's a good idea but your about a year off if you work on it every day by yourself. I suggest getting a few reliable people and actually put a little more effort in it.

If your are going to make 32 levels you might as well make some custom texures, monsters and weapons to go along with it and maybe even a story. Scale the maps to look like they follow through and blend in. You don't want a map in hell and then all of a sudden the next map is on a moon or something... I've seen that before. heh

Just a few suggestions. Best regards

Also, the pic you listed below does not load for me. I use I.E. 6.0. I prefer JDoom because ZDoom's current version is too messy for me and it will take hours and hours to recode everything and rescript everything to work with ZDoom and will basically screw your modification up pretty bad. Unless your going to use ZDoom... start from the beginning.

dont worry Requiem, I have planned carefully a story line and everything :) The volcano level takes place after you complete a few mountain levels. So it fits its place. The levels you start out in are base maps surrounded by mountains. After you complete all the base maps, you retreat to the mountains to find help on the other side of them. After the volcano level you end up at some weird mansion built in the mountains. The mansion level is the last one I have made, right now I am working on the next level. I probably wont put any custom made monsters in my project unless someone makes some for me. I dont really like modifying the game too much. But I already have used lots of new textures. half of the volcano level uses new out door textures and stuff. I probably wont add any new weapons in either. This isnt going to be a TC really(even though Doom World accidently said that in their post) This is just going to be a 32 level add on with some new unique level ideas.

I am not sure why the screenshot isnt working for you guys! They seem to work fine for me. What should I do so that you can see it? Should I upload it as a BMP instead of a JPG? It is a cool screenshot.