Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Arioch

Resident Doom

Corbachu wishes to announce that he is working on a Resident Evil project for Doom that uses the EDGE 1.27 port and that his group is also working on a source modification to GL EDGE. He asks that anyone who may be interested in working on these projects to please mail him or go to the project pages to check it out.

heh, you can't really make a SH conversion for doom. doom is too action packed, SH is way too creepy for doom to even touch. RE is a better go, i must say.

isn't there an RE coversion for halflife in the works somewhere?

Guest Captain Napalm

Doom can be very scary and atmospheric, just take a look at Aliens Doom. Much scarier than Silent Hill, which is waaay overhyped IMHO.

if you don't think silent hill is creepy (and i'm talking about the first one) then shut up and jump. aliens was creepy- a little bit.

SH was the only game to give me nightmares. and i don't have nightmares.

i bet you laugh during clockwork orange.

Guest Lt. Taggart

I am back ladys and gents. Been gone for a while. Try watching Halloween 2000 and Blair Witch both on Halloween night. Now that gave me some nightmares.

heh, blair witch was one of those movies that you don't really think about until you get home and you're in bed awake in the dark, wondering what really happened to those kids.

silent hill's the same way, sometimes. also, SH's intro is extremely reminiscent of twin peaks.

SH has so many references and allusions it's almost not funny

BlairWitch was okay I guess. I mean, they took a semi-original spin on a semi-original consept and beat it to death for about an hour, but the first 10 minutes and the last 10 minutes were great! Personally I think movies like Communion, Event Horizon, and Glitter are real scarefests. As always this is just my opinion.

Any one seen "The Last Broadcast"?

Guest MTM

As I can recall, there were about 3 different Resident Evil projects for Half-Life, but I believe at least one was shut down due to legal issues.

There was a Dragonball Z conversion for Q3A recently,also stopped for legal reasons.A RE conversion would de cool, but one thing that strikes me as being at odds is the pace of the game,RE has always been way too slow.

Yep, if you don't want to get shut down, use your own ideas instead of someone else's.

Guest Corbachu

To answer you questions...

Yes, there is a HL mod of RE, and they might be the backbone of The Doom Gods.

And yes, I am still updating our projects page, so be patient. Help on the mod will be appreciated.

AND DAMNIT! WE GOT PERMISSION FROM CAPCOM AND ID SO WE CAN USE THIS! Just to make sure.

And we are doing damn good on it.

Lemme help you out some...

If you don't know how to spell a word, don't use it. "Wich" is not a word. (At least not to my knowledge) And Please, get rid of all those graphics! That really pisses people with modems off. And whats up with the ripped Doom: Ressurection pic? Thats just crap. I'm not trying to make ya mad or anything, just giving my opinion. Don't wanna make enemies with you like I have with everyone else in this damned place. :)

I hope you got permission from their legal departments rather than the creative teams.

More than one team has fallen foul of this mistake :o

The only known-good Half-Life RE mod I know of is Resident Evil: The Escape, which is coming along great; it's a great idea, what with Half-Life being about escaping from a facilty full of Zombies... And Aliens, and Marines... And experiment went terribly wrong and such- come to think of it, Doom 3 should be like HL.

Never played Silent Hill or any of the Resident Evils... Communion is a great example of a terrifying but meaningful movie that is one of the only ones that touches on the Alien-Abduction subject... Which is a very horrifying aspect seeing as that kind of stuff really happens(although skeptics are now pointing to the idea that it may ALL be a culturally-shared hallucination brought on by Archetypal problems in our day and age, half crap).

"Personally I think movies like Communion, Event Horizon, and Glitter are real scarefests" -lolol! Yeah Glitter was terrifying beyond belief... Event Horizen was a great idea and the movie good. Haven't seen Blair Witch, heard mixed stuff, supposed to be great.

Does anyone remember that thing that was UPN that was supposed to be a home-video of this family being attacked by Aliens during Thanksgiving in the middle of the night? That scared the crap out of me. I wish they would put that on again. As for The Clockwork Orange, Stanely Kubrick is/was kind of screwed-in-the-head, but 2001 is one of my favorite movies ever.

I don't get many nightmares but as I recall there were two movies that did- the one mentioned above... Wallace and Gromits Grand Day Out, and a slide-show-painting version of The Legend of Sleepy Hollow.

Opinions, yack.

Guest deathwarrior

got proof of permission?

Guest Twitch

Evil Dead doom massively exist. Just for the heads up.

Guest Corbachu

Oh no
I am not mad at all. You are right I should of consulted the people of Doom resurection about using their pic, and my spelling is bad but who gives a crap? Just on the word which. Gosh, but we are no enemies. I can see how you are getting pissed off. But what do you guys thing of the site? good or bad?

Guest Corbachu

If you guys want to see a copy of our work just to see if we are serious we will post in on the web page.

Guest Corbachu

BTW, anyone trying to locate the site but has gotten an error from Geocities, we have already moved:

www.angelfire.com/games4/thedoomgods

Appreciate it

Guest deathwarrior

nice bunch of 404s corbachu.

i'll repeat my question, do you have proof of permission from capcom and id?