Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
AndrewB

The /newstuff Chronicles #67

67th weekly yadda yadda you know the drill.

• Ea Speedmap 3 by Erik Alm - (img) - One map for Doom 2. This is actually a recent speedmap that didn't make the deadline. A small map for Doom 2, a "tribute" to Map28, The Spirit World. The level has three or four main sections, each with its own booby trap. It has a couple of areas which bear a strong resemblance to Map28. Detail is about equal, and ammo/monster placement is relatively well-done. It can be a bit difficult, though. Enhanced DOOM port required.
  • Mr. Rocket's Doomifide by Ron Goode - (img) - A very, very brown deathmatch map for Doom 2. One color throughout the map, almost. This level a good size for a deathmatch map. Ammo and armor is placed sensibly, and it has a cozy combination of indoor and outdoor. Floor-over-floor effects keep this map interesting as well. There's a starry sky replacement, as well as a decent music replacement. Requires Doom Legacy.

Guest deathwarrior

penis.wad!

Heh, thanks. I like the tiles though, exept the ones in the storage room which have the wrong flat on them :)

Guest MR.ROCKET

but something i was wondering.,
why are there 13 posts here but none of them have anything to do with the topic.. ?

>>Has there ever been an occasion where there was nothing in the /newstuff?

Only when cdrom.com was down for maintenance for a few weeks. When it got back online, /newstuff was completely empty for the first time in it's history.

Come to think of it, when the archive changed hands from cdrom.com to 3darchives.in-span.net, /newstuff must have been empty, but I never looked.

Yeah, nice little map there. Not too tough just a good looking, fun map to load up if you need a quick doom fix.

And I like the missing tiles. :-)

This is Zdoom land, they tend to ignore you unless you build for zdoom, also Im not sure if there are many deathmatchers in these parts, they seem more like co-op types (hippies).

Despite the brown its a wee cracker of a deathmatch wad, one of the best, I really like it. I want some more.

Well, it's in newstuff now, so you can just download it from there.

BTW, you weren't trying to right click were you? 'Caus I'm afraid that doesn't work :(

Enjoyed this, seemed very difficult at first,and it is-to get the kills.But to grab the three keys and exit was easy.

We're on NTL cable here, so we don't have ISP space.

I would host my own, but I'll be without an internet connection from the end of the month as I'm going back to university.