Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Arioch

New ZDoom Beta

Randy Heit has uploaded the long-awaited ZDoom 1.23b29 to the ZDoom file storage. This latest beta version will likely be the penultimate release before ZDoom 1.23 is officially complete and is available for win32 and linux, in both binary and source form. Randy has also posted the latest version of ACC, which is v1.18 and is also available as a source download. Some discussion on this beta is going on in the ZDoom forums here and here.
Update: ZDoom is now at 1.23b30. There are 2 win32 binary packages now, with one being a video logging build.

Did anyone actually discover which one of the Requiem team 'The Requiem' actually is? Or is he like his last post? A waste of space?

I'm just making a neusance of myself to kind of shake some things up in here a bit. Every once in a while everyone needs someone to pick on. heh

My turn~@~

Time to raise the dead, awake hell, create a partnership with Satan and work full time to be the most annoying person in here.

But, I'm going to bed so maybe next month...

Hey my magic worked!He's disappeared.I was gonna turn him into an idiot, but that would've been a waste of effort.

hmm...

wish that source port would just stop crashing.....

*waiting for final 1.23 version*

One of the coolest features supported in this release of ZDOOM is the ability to display very tall textures > 256 tall (without tiling or artifacts) PLUS the ability to create high res patches.

See www.sbsoftware.com for a demo level (XTHEATER) showing how this looks on 1 and 2 sided walls.

I haven't had a chance to do a high res patch example, but I'll try to work on it this week (or maybe someone else will).

PS: Get the LATEST FMOD from the fmod place - seems the version Randy shipped might still be older than the latest. I had giant grief with the old FMOD, but the new one is 99% better.