Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Arioch

DANGed Demos

The Public DANG has been updated with a zipped demopack of over 1.2 megs, containing various runs from the past ten months, some of which are of "Compet-N beaters" quality.

no, instaed you hang around and complain about everything that doesn't suit you,

inferno_45: well, sorry if I offended you =)

just for the record:
<c:doom2>dir *.lmp
<...>
1823 file(s) 167 456 823 byte

"Well if you think demos are boring, then don't watch them. See how easy it is?"

I dunno, that sounds like something a dumbass would say. Seeing as you probably watch this fluff, I can only assume.

The point of living is asking questions Mr. Dumbass. One such good question is asking why a fellow human spends so much time on something so stupid that this human wouldn't ever think of wasting his time with. We both like Doom, so it can't be differing interests.

I need a GOOD reason, Mr. Dumbass. This demo shit seems like a waste of resources so it IS my problem.

NEXT.

It's been said before but I'll say it again. For someone who claims to have no interest in Doom demos, you certainly waste a lot of time complaining about them.

That, w@velength, is your problem.

Well, other people clearly DO like watching demos, so what's your problem?

I mean, it's like saying that no-one here likes reading your posts, so why do you bother posting?

No, the case here is that everyone jumped to the conclusion that I didn't like demos because I questioned their value, and jumped all over me- didn't even answer my question. Go back, read, and think about it.

It doesn't matter if you don't enjoy reading my posts, welcome to the Democratic system where people can post what they think and people can feel whatever the hell they want about it. How can you "like" reading someone's post? Of course you don't "like" reading my posts- they go against your ideas and egocentric rut. All of you! Grrrr. I'm done with this forum.

Posting adversarial comments about a subject in a thread about that subject is pointless and stupid.
Hopelessly trying to stab at other people's work, when you haven't contributed anything yourself, is absurd and should be ignored.
I have seen you post reasonable comments, so I know you can do it.
All you accomplish is making a fool of yourself and debasing your own name.
If you don't have something constructive to say or have no basis for posting a comment; you shouldn't say anything.

oh look its wanklength. And who gives a flying fucking shit? Like those pop-up menues, he is sorta annoying in the start....but then you get used to it and simply ignore.

W@velength is alot smarter than alot of you make him out to be. He just has different opinions than you folks do. You say to just "ignore" him, but your doing quite the opposite.

Not even close to being as smart as me. I am the evil; diabolic minded "high"-being in this forum and no one can ever cease me. The point that w@velength is trying to make is that other people differ from one another, especially they're thought's. W@velength is trying to point out that this is kind of stupid to watch other people play the damn game; you might as well just play it yourself.

You also have to consider that other people can "state" what they think in these forums because that's what their fucking for!!! Blasphemy and ignorance is not allowed around me! But why listen to me when you don't even listen to God, we're all sinners aren't we?

My night’s gleam through God's eyes... they drown into my future.

Inferno_45, Diabolic: i (unofficially) invite/encourage you two to upload your demos to Public DANG, after all it's a place where people can send in their own achievements, without necessarily competing against anyone. but of course, if you want make sure your demos to have skill and style, you can always watch other people's demos (at PDANG or elsewhere). as these people have gained a lot of experience from watching other demos themselves, and at the same time practicing.

or, yeah, you can instead keep on trolling on this thread (or leave, like w@vethingie)

"No, the case here is that everyone jumped to the conclusion that I didn't like demos because I questioned their value, and jumped all over me- didn't even answer my question."

his 'question' was:

"Why would you want to watch demos? What is the point of demos again? ..."

not only did this individual supposedly answer the question himself (but from his own lame perspective, true) with the last crossed out, rhetorical, question, but also, he posted the same thing, the same stupid 'question' in an earlier demo related post a few months ago!

Inferno_45: life is short, try not to confuse the semi-intelligent cunning of a persistent troll with anything related to 'intelligence.' please

Hmm,I seem to remember this very subject being covered before,at least once. I also seem to remember many very good reasons as to why people like demos and what use they are.Now once again I see the same people involved in this discussion,so something strikes me as apparent.Persons seem unwilling to take on board the ideas,reasons and beliefs of others without prejudice.In other words it's not just a case of thinking differently,it's a case of what can only be called,in truth, bigotry.The very same attitude that leads to much of the trouble in the world. Hmm,shame.

No prejudice was used in any of my sentences you sick minded creature. Haha, you have no points to reckon with me or with out a doubt I will smash you! Demos are a waste of my time and others, I ask of opinions but not anyone else’s creations. You failed so don't discourage others... or a war will be waged!

Guest Excalibur_Z

Starcraft has this relatively new feature called Replays which is game recording. <font size=1><samp>Age of Empires came up with it first but screw them] Of course you all would know game recording from Doom, COMPET-N is big on it.

You watch Starcraft Replays to see how the pros play. It's a good entertainment factor. Sometimes you'll get some good amateur Replays, or some that show off some cool trick or build order. Then you start adapting your playing style thinking back to the Replays that you saw before and you think "hey, instead of doing this like usual I'll do that like I saw in that replay". Sometimes it takes a few tries in a few games to get it right (be it a build order, trick, technique) but once you do it you're happy you can be on the same level as a pro on some aspect.

Same deal with Doom. You see a cool trick in a demo so you emulate the demo author. Then when you can finally do it you're happy. Your map run time is decreased or you become a better DM player or whatever. The point is the same.

I remember watching Doom Done Quick (as well as the Quake Done Quick series) and some parts I would just sit there watching and laughing in amazement. The game sets them up with this huge blockade of monsters and they find some cheese way to go around it. Funny stuff. "Oh crap I have to get both keys which are on opposite sides of the level, defended by hordes of monsters, to build this bridge... screw it I'll rocketjump the gap."

Even if you don't watch Replays or demos to get better at the game you can still enjoy the entertainment value. Some of the players out there are pretty amazing and it's worth watching them totally own the game.

Guest Excalibur_Z

Dammit, forgot to close the small tag. Bah! Here it is in non-small form:

Starcraft has this relatively new feature called Replays which is game recording. Of course you all would know game recording from Doom, COMPET-N is big on it.

You watch Starcraft Replays to see how the pros play. It's a good entertainment factor. Sometimes you'll get some good amateur Replays, or some that show off some cool trick or build order. Then you start adapting your playing style thinking back to the Replays that you saw before and you think "hey, instead of doing this like usual I'll do that like I saw in that replay". Sometimes it takes a few tries in a few games to get it right (be it a build order, trick, technique) but once you do it you're happy you can be on the same level as a pro on some aspect.

Same deal with Doom. You see a cool trick in a demo so you emulate the demo author. Then when you can finally do it you're happy. Your map run time is decreased or you become a better DM player or whatever. The point is the same.

I remember watching Doom Done Quick (as well as the Quake Done Quick series) and some parts I would just sit there watching and laughing in amazement. The game sets them up with this huge blockade of monsters and they find some cheese way to go around it. Funny stuff. "Oh crap I have to get both keys which are on opposite sides of the level, defended by hordes of monsters, to build this bridge... screw it I'll rocketjump the gap."

Even if you don't watch Replays or demos to get better at the game you can still enjoy the entertainment value. Some of the players out there are pretty amazing and it's worth watching them totally own the game.

'I am the evil; diabolic minded "high"-being"' - but you sure as Hell don't know the difference between "their" and "they're". Welcome to the third grade, retard. Please go and make maps for Doom 3... or what are you working on actually? Quake 4? Something like that anyway :) These are just trolls. You can have fun talking to them but they are just /ignore food. Last post.