Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
AndrewB

Sheer Choctaw

Wow! I'm the first guy to post something! ...But, given the way others react to this sort of opportunity, I don't feel as great as I thought I would.

And just what the hell is "Choctaw"?

Guest pablodictter

Screenshots rock big time. Big Time!

Thanks -- they are a bit old, as every area shown has been updated with better lighting and the addition of some set pieces (crates and the like). I'm just waiting on Nokturnus to send me level 6 so that I can tie the ending of this level to the beginning of his.

Guest pablodictter

old? well, to me they look like awesome shit to me. I'd never seen a map with original ideas in them...and all of them have different stuff, which makes them different.
(you could see that on the 4 maps you released)
I can't do episodes by myself because of that. I don't have much ideas. Gotta buy a new brain, maybe get some new driver for it.

...yeah.

sigh...
Wow, that's the way to make maps look _good_.
But why does he use FLOOR7_1, one of the ugliest textures in Doom?
Well, I guess everyone has their little quirks.

AARGH! I'm holding a dialogue with myself!!!
Noooo!!! I'm gonna have to up my prescription... see you later!

pablo: I meant the shots are "old" in the sense that they were taken early in the level's development; at least three of the screenshots would look a bit different, now.

Metabolist: I actually like FLOOR7_1; yes, it's brown and unexciting, but it was used so consistently in E1 as the "outside ground" texture that it is hard to create an E1-style outdoors area without using that texture as the ground flat. If nothing else, it is not a "distracting" texture -- there is nothing flashy about it (unlike, say, the CEMENT textures or the TLITE flats), so it blends nicely with almost any other texture/flat.

Bah, Floor7_1 rules.

It's when people use Ceil5_2 where Floor7_1 should be used that it gets irritating.

Er, what do you mean? In-game saves are no problem, and file saves from WinDEU and DETH are a piece of cake. BSP takes about 2 minutes on a Pentium 800 with 256 megs of RAM.

I meant when you save your map.
Heh, two minutes is a long time, for me. I have to playtest my map every five minutes because my editor is so buggy.