Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Julian

Doom Revisited

Superloud4 let us know about quite an ambitious project he has just launched:

There's a new TC in the works. DOOM: Revisited, based on the plans in the DOOM Bible, will include 6 episodes, each released seperately. Anyone interested in joining should know that there are 2 UAC episodes, 1 gothic episode, 2 demon (Heck) episodes, and 1 Earth / City episode.

A web page dedicated to this project has already been set up.

Guest pablodictter

is this going to be for the mac or what?
'cause if it is, then I could find some free time and make maps for it.

Guest Zeurkous

... becuz the web page is down.

Guest Archvile46

I'm sure you could make maps. Just because you make them on the mac doesn't mean they aren't compatible with the PC. I've played your maps before on my PC...if you could help, that would be great.

Guest pablodictter

Actually, I use a PC, not a mac.
My dad bought one of those new iMacs last week, so I though I could buy the mac version of doom and make stuff for it. I'd seen very few maps for macdoom.

heh

Guest superloud4

Yea, I've got an iMac of my own. It's for MacLegacy, and some Fragglescript will be thrown in there too. Just don't swear when you're talking to me because my dad will get mad. heh

Guest UAC PR Dept.

Is your father that conservative? None of us here are anywhere close. Even those that say they are christians on Doomworld swear a lot.

As far as fulfilling the prophecies in the Doom bible goes, you should probably use ZDoom for environmental customizability. I haven't really checked out fragglescript much, but I know what ZDoom's ACS scripting, umps such as SNDINFO and DECALDEF, and full boom support (including DEH and its BEX extentions -- something legacy is or used to be somewhat unstable about) are capable of adding to gameplay.

If you have any questions about what ZDoom can and can't do, I suggest you visit http://zdoom.notgod.com and click the "Forum" link at the top. It's a good place to ask questions about... stuff.

If a Mac is all you have though, you're screwed, because AFAIK ZDoom is PC only, running in Windows, Linux, or DOS. (The program for DOS is no longer being updated. Stopped at 1.17 I believe.)

Guest UAC PR Dept.

...but I'm sure somebody will pick up the slack and make versions for all the major source ports (ZDoom, EDGE, Vavoom, probably that will be all).

Guest Archvile46

Just make some maps. You're an episode one master, for christ's sake. =)

Guest pablodictter

I don't know. Mac Legacy? I really hate source ports, ya know.

Maybe I'll do something this weekend, too busy with Quake. = )

Guest Archvile46

Don't worry, my levels aren't source port specific. At least not intentionally. Just a couple rooms are so big they screw up vanilla Doom.

Trust me, you'll be a welcome addition to the team.

Guest Archvile46

Well, it's gonna be released episode by episode. So there's no way that nothing is gonna get released.

And, I'll probably keep working on it even if other people drop out, because I have no ideas of my own, and this project comes with 54 ideas.

Guest pablodictter

Already joined the team (yesterday).
gonna make some gothic stuff. hehehehe...

...I also asked the dude if I could make the whole ep2 by myself (I can, got lotsa free time. LOTSA!!)

...yeah....

Guest Archvile46

Is E2 the Gothic one?

Guest pablodictter

"Is E2 the Gothic one?"

Ja.

Guest Archvile46

Heh, good. I didn't want you taking all the hellish levels.

Feel free to do some base levels too, you're damn good at those.

Guest pablodictter

yeah, I might do a few of those, I'm kind of tired of base maps. Too many pipes and the things that work with the buttons that do the weird shit you...

...I guess you get the idea. = )

Guest DooMetallicA

I planned out a project exactly like this one a while back but forgot about it. I was converting the original weapons from the DooM alphas and pre releases but gave up cuz I didnt think anyone would be interested.

If this project is only for Mac Legacy, there aren't exactly going to be many people who are able to play it...

Guest superloud4

Mac Legacy is compatible with PC Legacy, stupid.