Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Julian

Alpha Animation

Deathwarrior, with help from Cacodemon Leader and Lament, has been working on the extraction of the DOOM Alpha resources for some time now. You can have a taste of their work in the form of two animated gifs (80x60 and 160x120 respectively). The latest beta of the DOOM Alpha 0.4 Resource Wad is available here.

Guest Lt. Taggart

That gif is cool.

Guest deathwarrior

yeah, it was done with Legacy's auto-screenshot trick.

How are you extracting the data? Are you taking screenshots to get the graphics, or are you using a wad tool to get at all the data?

I suspect that you're using screenshots, but I'm not sure....

Guest Lament

woohoo, I made it to the news section!!

Guest deathwarrior

all shall be revealed when i'm finished.

A beta of an alpha stuff... when we think that we already had saw every weird name with ZDoom, than this one comes...

ps: this was just a joke. a bad one.

Guest Lt. Taggart

Oh haha. I am laughing so fricking hard. Kidding.

Guest UAC PR Dept.

Some of the architectural elements of the alpha levels didn't seem to make it to the release versions. That is a shame, because in some of the tech-ish levels it would have been pretty sweet... I'm not saying that the alphas were more detailed, but notice how they used the blue light textures in the first level: half of an octagon sticking out of the wall, its sides covered in the blue-light-in-silver-frame texture. The release versions seemed to use ceiling lights mainly for "light sources."

I really think that was a lot of babbling. Anyway, all I mean is that some elements of the alpha version should have been used, but were discarded.

Guest pablodictter

i remember i once found an editor for the alphas. it was for linux. couldn't find it anymore.

Guest deathwarrior

Yadex.

Guest pablodictter

hey, that's the one!