Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest b-d

Best SP Wads out there

Guest b-d

I'd be greatful if you would share with me your favourite single player wad files out there. Just finished playing thought The Darkening epi2 and I'm shocked at the quality of work that was put into it, is there anything remotely similar out there?

Thanks
-bd

If your asking about megawads heres a list of my personal favorites.

Mordeth -- By far the greatest TC I believe.
Requiem -- Also nice, detailed and very fun.
Darkening -- Has its very high points.
Hell Revealed -- Damn, you better be good to beat this. Pure insanity.

Then you have things like MassMouth, at http://members.xoom.com/cybspage / which takes a comedic look at it in a way. There are many more than the few ive mentioned obviously so just look around the news sites.

Memento Mori and its sequel are the two best SP wads EVER.

ftp://ftp.cdrom.com/pub/idgames/themes/mm/

Guest b-d
Mantra said:

If your asking about megawads heres a list of my personal favorites.

Mordeth -- By far the greatest TC I believe.
Requiem -- Also nice, detailed and very fun.
Darkening -- Has its very high points.
Hell Revealed -- Damn, you better be good to beat this. Pure insanity.

Then you have things like MassMouth, at http://members.xoom.com/cybspage / which takes a comedic look at it in a way. There are many more than the few ive mentioned obviously so just look around the news sites.

Thanks Prowler, Mantra- I'm on my way :)

-bd

Guest cocoon

I can't believe that you didn't post Malcolm Sailor's wads..

Everyone has got to play the chord-series from the beginning. Chord1, Chord2, Chord_ng and Chordg. Especially the last two. No other maps comes close (inmo) in terms of well-balanced gameplay . Keeps you in constant fear all the way through.

Oh, and how did I not mention Eternal Doom? The only level set that has levels that will keep you entertained for more than half-an-hour per level. Silures took me like an hour and a half to beat... but I had fun every second of it. Hooray!

Guest cocoon
GavinJCD said:

ummm, shouldn't this thread be in the wads and mods section, silly boys.

yes of course, but I switched over to that form no one would follow... Better go a long with the origonal topic. Heh at least I don't post a new topic in the General Forum when I answer ;)

Guest Jim Bentler
b-d said:

Thanks Prowler, Mantra- I'm on my way :)

-bd

Batman doom is the best and most complete total conversion for Doom (actually Doom II). The special effects (which make very extensive use of dehacked) are amazing and the graphics are awesome. Its cool how each level has a boss which you have to beat in order to beat the level (the levels end a few seconds afterward). Killer croc is especially cool. He actually picks rocks up off the ground and throws them at you.

Tei Tanga is a cool hub for Zdoom, if a little easy. The scripting and polyobjects (like the trains that take you from level to level) keep it interesting. On the down side, the first "movie" is too long and theres no way to skip it, and like I mentioned before, it is kind of easy.

I also like Cyb's Zort series, for Zdoom. Those are pretty cool levels.

I don't really like Eternal Doom at all. Some people may find it fun wandering around for an hour and a half in the same level and solving puzzles, but I like the game to be pretty straight forward.

Guest Psycho

How could you forget Icarus? Made by the same people as Eternal and Final doom.